Alpine Trails RV Park, Cabin and Jeep Rentals
|Visit our Web site|
Come and visit the last hidden secret of Colorado -- South Fork. We are surrounded by the 2 million acre Rio Grande National Forest.
CABIN RENTAL: Our cabin features 2 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, beautiful stone fireplace, and sleeps 4-5 people comfortably.
RV SITES: We offer 42 full hookup sites that accommodate RVs, trailers and tent camping.
REC HALL: Our Central Hall has space for potluck dinners, playing cards or simply getting together for a jam session.
JEEP RENTALS: South Fork and Creede have backcountry trails into our mountains. Rent from our sister business Elk Country Jeep Rentals next door.
DIRECTIONS: From Highway 160, take Highway 149 towards Creede. The first right Wharton Drive, it is an 1/8th of a mile to the entrance.
ADDRESS: 111 Wharton Road, South Fork CO 81154
For Reservations Call 719-873-0261, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: $120
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/26 to 9/16
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $29 to $36 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids free under the age of 6. Kids: $2.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $175.00 to $190.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: Range from $340.00 to $375.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 50
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 60
- Full Hookups: 50 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 10 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 5
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 50
- Elevation: 8180 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 2 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 70
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 2 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: Walking distance. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 35 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 79, 80, 76, 78