Alpine Trails RV Park and Cabin
|Visit our Website|
Welcome to ALPINE TRAILS RV PARK with Endless Adventure for the entire family!
Come and visit the last hidden secret of Colorado -- South Fork. We are surrounded by the 2 million acre Rio Grande National Forest where there is adventure and western history around every bend.
WILD HORSE CABIN: Our cabin allows you to enjoy a peaceful place to rest after your mountain adventure. The 2 bedroom cabin features a fully equipped kitchen, and beautiful stone fireplace and full bathroom. It sleeps 5 people comfortably with a Queen bed bedroom, youth bedroom with bunk bed and sofa sleeper in the living room. DOGS are $20 per-pet per-night (non refundable). We only allow up to 2 dogs that weigh a maximum of 80 pounds total together or alone.
RV SITES: Our 42 full hookup sites accommodate RVs, trailers and tent campers. Five of our sites a pull-thru; the rest are back-in.
On cool mountain nights, sitting around our central firepit is the place to be! Be sure to bring marshmallows, chocolate bars and gram crackers. A starry evening and a good fishing story will complete your perfect Colorado vacation day.
CENTRAL REC HALL: Our hall has space for potluck dinners, playing cards or simply getting together for a jam session.
We also have laundry facilities and hot showers.
LOCATION: We are in Southwest Colorado just off the Silver Thread Scenic Byway that connection the communities of South Fork, Wagon Wheel Gap, Creede, Lake City and Powderhorn. South Fork is southern starting point of this historic route along the Rio Grande with access to hiking, 4-Wheeling, gold medal fishing and rafting.
DIRECTIONS: In South Fork from Highway 160, take Highway 149 towards Creede. The first right is Wharton Drive (County Road 59), drive an 1/8th of a mile to our entrance on the left.
ADDRESS: 111 Wharton Road, South Fork CO 81154
PHONE: 719-873-0261 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: $190
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/15 to 9/20
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $43 to $55 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids free under the age of 16.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $250.00 to $300.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity is an additional cost to the monthly rate) On-Season: Range from $525.00 to $650.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 50
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 60
- Full Hookups: 50 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 10 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 5
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 50
- Elevation: 8180 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 2 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 70
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 2 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 35 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 79, 80, 76, 78