Aspen Acres Campground - Let Adventure Begin
|Visit our Website|
Enjoy our quiet mountain atmosphere bordering San Isabel National Forest; sight-seeing, hiking, horseback trail rides, and fishing makes ASPEN ACRES CAMPGROUND a relaxing vacation destination. Our small, quiet RV campground is in the less traveled San Isabel mountain range, 25 minutes from I-25 at 9,200 feet.
WE ARE A FULL SERVICE RETREAT! Vacation away from town in a full RV hookup site in the trees, in your tent, a cabin or in a glamping tent. In addition to the beautiful setting, outdoor grill, table, and picnic area are provided at each unit.
Our RV sites all provide standard hookups with gravel and grass. Each site has water, 30 amp electric, and all but 7 have sewer. We have sites that are tucked up into the woods on both sides of the campground for those who desire a more woodsy camping experience. Or chose a site closer to the shower house and rec hall.
GLAMPING TENTS: Our outfitter tents are canvas, to keep you dry, out of the mud and have lots of room inside with zippered doors, windows and an elevated wood floor. There is a table and chairs in the cabin. Bring your own sleeping bag and pillow and enjoy a real camping experience.
Our SLEEPER CABINS provide you with a bunk bed and full bed. Sheets are provided, you bring the rest.
Our SWISS CHALET CABIN is tucked in the mountains with a queen bed on the lower floor and a full sized futon in the loft.
DOGS are allowed as long as they are on a leash, but feel free to use the off-leash dog park.
CAMPGROUND AMENITIES: All guests are welcome to use our restrooms, showers, and recreation hall 24 hours a day. The Activities Center has horseshoes, cornhole, and ladder ball. Camp store is stocked with the basics. WiFi access, off-leash dog park, outside fish cleaning area, and large sports field.
Being in the mountains, sometimes cell service is not great. We try our best to keep the WiFi working well for your use. Service is best near the office and does not cover the entire campground.
Whether on foot, mountain bike, horse or motorcycle, trails stretch throughout the Forest, leading to many beautiful peaks and mountain valleys. We are 3 miles above Lake San Isabel (stocked annually by the State).
WE LOVE GROUPS! With our grand lodge, gazebo and large gathering area, we can entertain you and your guests for any occasion.
LOCATION: There are no mountain passes to traverse if you drive I-25 along the front range of Colorado. We are alongside the Colorado Frontiers Pathway Scenic and Historic Byway, a 103 mile stretch that covers the beauty of South Central Colorado. Aspen Acres is 16 miles north of Rye on Highway 165 and 23 minutes west northwest of I-25 from the Colorado City exit. 90 minutes southwest of Colorado Springs and 75 minutes northwest of Trinidad Colorado. Denver is 2-1/2 hours south and Durango is 5 hours west.
ADDRESS: 16561 Highway 165, Rye CO 81069
PHONE: 719-485-3275 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
San Isabel Lodging: Cabins, Restaurant and Store: Mountain Cabins in Colorado's south central mountains, full-service restaurant opening summer 2022, store, boat rentals. North of Rye next to Lake Isabel with trout fishing. Store: fishing licenses, groceries.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $60 to $200
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 8
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 4
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/20 to 10/20
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $24 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $33 to $70 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $5.
- RV Sites: 40
- Tent Sites: 4
- Total Sites: 44
- Electric & Water Hookups: 7 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 39 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 6 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 5 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 25 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 6
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 40
- Elevation: 9200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Greenhorn Valley - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Fax Machine: Available.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 75
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 45
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 55
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 20 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Waterfall Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 84
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.