Aspen Ridge RV Park - Family Experience
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
ASPEN RIDGE RV PARK in South Fork Colorado is by the Rio Grande. We are proud to provide an inviting environment for guests, family, and friends to come together and enjoy each other’s company surrounded by the pristine beauty of the Rio Grande National Forest and the Weminuche Wilderness. Ride your OHV out of our RV Park along side Highway 149 to local ATV Trails.
RV SITE AMENITIES: All our sites are level with full hookups and gravel parking pads with picnic tables and fire-rings. Some sites also have cement patio and 50 amp electric.
RESORT FEATURES: Laundry, clean hot showers, good WiFi and hot spots, and a central campfire area perfect for roasting marshmallows for s'mores. The Rec Hall hosts daily activities such as painting your rock friend.
OUTDOOR RECREATION: South Fork is your camping and fishing headquarters in Southern Colorado. There is plenty of open water and gold medal trout fishing spot to keep you happy for months. In September the drive between Creede and Lake City is a quilt of fall colors that won't disappoint; be sure to stop at North Creek Falls along the route. One of the best ways to explore Rio Grande National Forest is an off-road adventure on an ATV, UTV or Jeep and the only way to see Wheeler Geologic Area.
LOCATION: The Park is in the town of South Fork, on the upper Rio Grand River in Southwest Colorado along the Silver Thread Scenic Byway. A half mile Northwest of where Highways 160 and 149; on Highway 149 in South Fork.
ADDRESS: 700 West Highway 149, South Fork Colorado 81154
PHONE: 719-873-2248 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Classic Travel Trailers or Mini-Mobile Homes: 3 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 45
- Total Sites: 45
- Full Hookups: 45 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 20 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 45 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 6
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 45
- Winterized Sites: 10
- Elevation: 8200 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for additional fee or deposit. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 40
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 75 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Paddle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 15 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: Walking distance.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.