Bighorn Park Campground and RV Resort
|Visit our Web site|
A Colorado Retreat nestled along the Arkansas River with pristine views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range, the Bighorn Park is your DESTINATION of choice.
Our Rustic resort features cabins, motel rooms, bunkhouses (overlooking the river), tenting, and plenty of 50 and 30 amp full hookup (FHU) leveled RV sites that accommodate BIG RIGS. Recently remodeled shower facility and laundry room.
The Bighorn Park offers a small country store, complimentary WiFi, great cell service, Direct-TV, ice, and propane.
GROUP VACATION DESTINATION: A great place for family reunions and youth groups. We are capable of meeting the needs of small and large groups of up to 50 guests.
Our park has 1/3 of a mile of private fishing along the Arkansas River; additional features include horseshoes, volleyball, heated pool, and a playground area.
FAMILY FRIENDLY! We are pet friendly with a maximum of 2 pets per family and breed restrictions do apply.
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE: Open early-April through mid-November for the enjoyment of fly-fishing, rafting, horseback riding, mountain biking, golfing, jeep and ATV tours, and hunting. There is much more just a few short minutes away.
LOCATION: 75 Miles west of Pueblo and only 90 minutes southwest of Colorado Springs. Approximately 30 minutes west of the Royal Gorge. We are 40 minutes from Cañon City and 25 minutes from Salida. At mile marker 242 on US Highway 50W.
ADDRESS: 16373 West Highway 50, Coaldale CO 81222
CALL FOR UPDATED RATES: Daily, weekly, and monthly.
RESERVATIONS SUGGESTED: Call today 719-942-4266, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/1 to 11/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $45 to $150
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 5
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 5
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 1
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 50
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 11/15
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 23
- Tent Sites: 2
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 25
- Electric & Water Hookups: 3 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 20 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 9 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 23 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 14
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 23
- Elevation: 6660 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In common area.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR Movie Library: 100
- DVD Movie Library: 100
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 45
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 25
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 25 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 25 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 25 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 25 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 25 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 25 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 25 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 25 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 25 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 25 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 40 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 25 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 25 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 25 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 25 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 86, 57, 58