Conejos Canyon River Ranch
|Visit our Web site|
RELAX, REVIVE, and RENEW in the Captivating Beauty of Southern Colorado!
Our riverfront ranch features a 110 year old hunting lodge and cabins. Fish our privately stocked portion of the Conejos River. Children 12 and under have their own privately stocked fishing pond.
Comfortable lodge rooms include breakfast. Mountain cabin with kitchens; cook your fresh-caught fish.
ON-SITE AMENITIES: Full service restaurant, outdoor barbecue, campfire area (Firewood provided), and ranch animals -- goats, donkeys, sheep, and horses and guest horse facilities.
LOCATION: 15 minutes west of Antonito in the Rio Grande National Forest; 25390 Colorado Highway 17, Antonito CO 81120.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-376-2464.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 9/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $105 to $175
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: Most non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 8
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with Private baths: 8
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms Children permitted: Yes
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 4
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Antonito - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: Riding distance to trailhead.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 50
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 75
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Waterfall Trails: 25 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 81, 80
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.