Montrose-San Juan RV Resort of The Black Canyon
|Email Montrose-San Juan RV Resort of The Black Canyon Directly|
Montrose-San Juan RV Resort is nestled in the heart of the Uncompahgre Valley, at the feet of the majestic San Juan Mountains, with plenty of friendly smiles and activities for the entire family.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER: Friendly Atmosphere, activities, secure on-site management, swimming pool, propane sales, convenience store, coin laundry, large activity building, smaller activities room with pool table, shuffle board courts, horseshoe courts, children's "playscape", WiFi, and pet walks.
CLEAN COMFORTABLE CABINS: Cabins are individual structures with wooden decks, and are equipped with a full bed and set of twin bunks, sleeping a family of 4. There is a small kitchenette with stovetop and refrigerator. The bathroom consists of a shower, sink and toilet. Linens are not provided.
We also have spacious pull thru, full hookup RV sites; and, large lodge rooms that sleep 4, 6, or 8 people, some with air conditioning. Ask about our Family Rates.
Many activities are planned for you to participate in during your vacation. Some activities are subject to change, please inquire at the time of your reservation.
For your security, guests must stop at the office and pick up a pass; please check website for office hours.
We're pet friendly but with some breed restrictions. Please call.
ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE SEASON WILL VARY and INCLUDE:
Candy Bar Bingo
Crafts and Color Time
Ice Cream Socials
VISIT THE REAL COLORADO: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, the Gunnison River, Golf year round and so much more are all close by . . .
LOCATION: On the South side on Montrose on Highway 50.
ADDRESS: 22045 South Highway 550, Montrose CO 81403
PHONE: 970-249-6382 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: $49
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 2
- Lodge Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 8
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Broadcast.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $39 a night for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 141
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 141
- Electric & Water Hookups: 8 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 133 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 41 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 66 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 103 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 84
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 141
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Montrose Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Fitness Equipment. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 200
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 15
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 60
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 25 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 25 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: Walking distance. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 62, 63, 64, 65,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.