Outpost: Motel Rooms, Cabins, RV Park
|Visit our Website|
Gracious hospitality, family owned and operated! Vacation along the Dolores River! Fish Here.
The Outpost Motel, Cabins and RV Park provides a variety of accommodations to visitors in Dolores and Southwest Colorado. We offer a comfortable, quiet and relaxing place to stay, close proximity to numerous outdoor activities.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: All have full kitchens with all cooking and eating utensils. Two cabins are along the river!
MOTEL ROOMS: Equipped with a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave with one queen or two double beds.
RV SITES: Long RV Sites 35+ Feet, Firepits and barbecue stations, as well as wood for burning.
All you need is food, clothes and your toothbrush.
Most pets OK, call.
We are near McPhee Reservoir, our guests are able to enjoy fishing, hunting, mountain biking, boating and water sports opportunities throughout the 4-corners region. Plan a Day trip to Mesa Verde National Park a World Heritage Site.
LOCATION: 1800 Central Avenue, Dolores CO 81323
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-882-7271 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $70 to $150
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $441 to $1000
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 8
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 30
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 11/31
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $35 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $220.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $500.00 for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 12
- Total Sites: 12
- Full Hookups: 12 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 12 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 12
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6900 feet above sea level.
- Region: Dolores Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Vet Services: 1 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 25 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 3 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 30 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 1 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: Walking distance.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 21 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 25 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 70, 71, 72, 73, 711,