Outpost: Motel Rooms, Cabins, RV Park
|Visit our Website|
OUTPOST: MOTEL ROOMS, CABINS, RV PARK is Marine-owned, family-owned and military-owned since 1960! We take pride in the services we provide your family daily.
Vacation along the Dolores River! FISH RIGHT HERE. Gracious hospitality, family owned and operated! Enjoy our Riverside deck and central covered picnic area with a porch swing and firepit!
The Outpost Motel, Cabins and RV Park provide a variety of accommodations to visitors in Dolores and Southwest Colorado. We offer a comfortable, quiet and relaxing place to stay near numerous outdoor activities.
We are always working to improve your experience here at the Outpost, whether it's fresh paint, new windows, fresh linens or updating bathrooms. If we see a need we work to keep our resort a fun place for your family vacation!
MOTEL ROOMS: Our Vintage Retro rooms are equipped with a coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave, cable TV and WiFi. They have either one queen or two double beds.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: All our cabins are a short walk to the Dolores River; and two cabins are along the river! All have full kitchens with all cooking and eating utensils. Cabins have a 2 night minimum stay and range from a studio for two to a loft cabin that sleep 4-5 people. PLEASE NOTE: Our Cabins are fully Booked for the winter.
RV SITES: Level RV Sites, Firepits and barbecue stations, as well as wood for burning. Please note these are not available for pop-up campers or Tents.
All you need is food, clothes and your toothbrush.
Most pets OK, please call. Some units allow 2 dogs.
We are near McPhee Reservoir; our guests are able to enjoy fishing, hunting, mountain biking, boating and water sports opportunities throughout the 4-corners region. Plan a Day trip to Mesa Verde National Park a World Heritage Site.
We are a veteran-owned, family-owned and operated resort since 1960! We offer a 10% discount for 7+ nights for military, police and first responders with an ID card.
LOCATION: Our slice of heaven is in Southwest Colorado, along the Dolores River and a 20 minute walk (3 minute drive) to the Galloping Goose Historical Society. 1-1/2 hours from the Durango-La Plata County Airport. 3-1/2 hours from Grand Junction. 4-1/2 hours from Albuquerque New Mexico. 6-1/2 hours from Phoenix Arizona and Colorado Springs. 7 hours from Denver Colorado.
ADDRESS: 1800 Central Avenue, Dolores CO 81323
PHONE: 970-882-7271 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation Adventure: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $100 to $200
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 10
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Broadcast.
- Number of Channels: 30
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 11/31
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $50 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 12
- Tent Sites: 0
- Total Sites: 12
- Full Hookups: 12 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 12 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 12
- Elevation: 6900 feet above sea level.
- Region: Dolores Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Vet Services: 1 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 25 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 3 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 30 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 1 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 21 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 25 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: Walking distance.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 70, 71, 72, 73, 711