Outpost: Motel Rooms, Cabins, RV Park
|Visit our Website|
OUTPOST: MOTEL ROOMS, CABINS, RV PARK is a veteran and family-owned and operated resort since 1960! We offer a 10% discount for military, police and first responders with an ID card. Gracious hospitality is our signature!
We are a must stop along the San Juan Scenic Skyway and the Trail of the Ancients National Scenic Byway and All American Road!
Outpost has been a tradition for vacationers for generations, where families return year after year. It has remained unchanged in essence; however, we have not sacrificing amenities or upgrades. We offer a comfortable, quiet and relaxing destination near numerous outdoor activities. We are truly a village within Dolores, a small mountain town.
Vacation along the Dolores River! FISH RIGHT HERE. Enjoy our riverside deck, covered picnic area, porch swings, BBQ grills, and firepit! The San Juan National Forest is at our doorstep.
VINTAGE RETRO MOTEL ROOMS: Equipped with coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave, Smart TV (Netflix, Amazon Prime), WiFi, with either one queen or two double beds.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: From studios for two to a loft cabin for six, walk to the Dolores River; two cabins are along the river! Enjoy full cooking kitchens. 2 night minimum stay.
PET FRIENDLY. However, aggressive breeds are not allowed. PLEASE CALL to ensure your dog is allowed. Two dog maximum. Pet fees are additional.
LEVEL RV SITES: Open year round; heated hoses required November thru April for water overnight. Firepits, barbecue stations. Rates below are for 4 people.
LOCATION: The Outpost Motel, Cabins and RV Park is in Dolores. Our slice of heaven is in Southwest Colorado, along the Dolores River and a 20 minute walk (3 minute drive) to the Galloping Goose Historical Society. 1-1/2 hours from the Durango-La Plata County Airport. 3-1/2 hours from Grand Junction. 4-1/2 hours from Albuquerque, New Mexico. 6-1/2 hours from Phoenix, Arizona and Colorado Springs. 7 hours from Denver, Colorado.
ADDRESS: 1800 Central Avenue, Dolores CO 81323
SPECIAL OFFERS: 15% off 7 nights or more. From December thru March we offer significant discounts for long term stays and reduced nightly rates, call us.
PHONE: 970-882-7271 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation Adventure: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $199 to $200
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 10
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Number of Channels: 30
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $50 a night for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 12
- Tent Sites: 0
- Total Sites: 12
- Full Hookups: 12 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 12 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 12
- Elevation: 6900 feet above sea level.
- Region: Dolores Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Vet Services: 1 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 10
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 25 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 3 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 30 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 1 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 21 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 25 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: Walking distance.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 70, 71, 72, 73, 711