San Isabel Lodging: Cabins, Restaurant and Store
Vacation at mountain resort SAN ISABEL LODGING: CABINS, RESTAURANT AND STORE next to pristine Lake Isabel, Colorado. Relaxing or Adventurous mountain experiences.
The perfect place to get away from the busy-ness of life and experience the beauty and serenity of nature in our mountain valley.
PINE LODGE is a cozy mountain resort with breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains in the lush National Forest lands where nature, public land and wildlife are abundant. Enjoy the short walk of Lake Isabel.
HONEYMOON: Here at The Pine Lodge, most newlyweds return to celebrate their anniversaries.
LOCAL WEDDING VENUES: Bishop's Castle, the Lake, or National Forest.
THE LODGE AT SAN ISABEL has a long history; the dam for San Isabel Lake was started in 1936 and completed in 1939 and designed the first recreational areas in Colorado. In the early days, the Lodge was the mess hall for the CC camp workers. Our 14 cabins have most have furnished kitchens, a few small have a refrigerator and microwave only and one has no food storage or indoor cooking; however all gave a propane grill and porch with table and chairs. These cabins sleep from 2-6 people; they have two double beds, a queen-size bed or a king-size bed.
Today folks from all over the world visit Lake San Isabel to relax, hike, mountain bike, dirt bike, ATV, boat, fish, canoe, paddle board, and enjoy wildlife photography in the 1.6 million acres San Isabel National Forest and Wilderness area.
Rye is a great place to get away from it all to spend time with family and friends.
FULL SERVICE RESTAURANT: We are currently remodeling the restaurant and planning a new menu. Grand Opening Summer 2022 (call for detail). Eat in or Take-out and eat your meal in your cabin.
GENERAL STORE: Complete fishing tackle including worms and power bait, fishing licenses, kids activities and toys, groceries and souvenirs. Paddle and row boat rentals. You can rent a propane fire pit and propane tanks.
Go hiking and mountain biking in the surrounding National Forest Trails. Enjoy jeeping, motorcycling or ATV riding on Greenhorn Mountain.
IN THE FALL enjoy the yearly turning of the Aspen. Hunt elk, antelope, deer, bear, mountain lion, big horn sheep and wild turkey.
IN THE WINTER the Ophir Creek snowmobile trail system offers 90+ miles of groomed trails.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS: Bishop’s Castle, Colorado State Fair (last week of August through the first week of September), Hollydot Golf Course, Greenhorn Mountain Bike Trail, Royal Gorge Bridge and Park.
LOCATION: Vacation alongside the Colorado Frontiers Pathway Scenic and Historic Byway, a 103 mile stretch that covers the beauty of South Central Colorado. San Isabel is 10 miles north of Rye on Highway 165 and 25 minutes west northwest of I-25 from the Colorado City exit. 45 minutes southwest of Pueblo and northwest of Walsenburg.
ADDRESS: 59 County Road 371, Rye CO 81069
PHONE: 719-489-2280 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
Aspen Acres Campground is 2 miles up the road with 40+ full hookup sites for your RV or camper, a beautifully renovated bathhouse, 8 sleeper cabins, a park model rental, the Aspen Cabin, 4 glamping tents, and tent camping options.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 17
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 3
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Air Conditioning: None.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 1
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pueblo - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Walsenburg - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Greenhorn Valley - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR Movie Library: 750
- Fax Machine: Available.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 30
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Ghost Town: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 40 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Waterfall Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 84
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.