Stonewall Shopping Bag and RV Park
|Visit our Website|
Stop before continuing on the Scenic Highway of Legends and enjoy a home-cooked meal.
An intimate full-service 9-site RV Park in the mountains of south central Colorado is near Monument Lake and North Lake -- Great Fishing.
Stonewall's "WiFi Hot Spot" is throughout the property; you'll have access to high-speed wireless Internet.
OUR RESTAURANT: Home-style family restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and for dessert enjoy a wonderful home-made dessert. We serve a great Breakfast Burrito all day long, and some excellent burgers (beef, buffalo and elk)!
OUR STORE: Basic groceries, tee-shirts, sweatshirts and souvenirs. One section of the store is exclusively for fishing tackle and supplies, and we offer Colorado fishing and hunting licenses and wildlife habitat stamps.
HUNTING: Stay with us for hunting season: World-class elk and excellent wild turkey habitat. Stonewall is a central location for Colorado's Hunting Units 83, 85 and 851.
LOCATION: On the Scenic Highway of Legends, 32 miles west of Trinidad on Highway 12 between milepost markers 37 & 38.
ADDRESS: 6689 Highway 12, Stonewall CO 81091.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-868-2255, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $35 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $180.00 to $210.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $450.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 9
- Total Sites: 9
- Full Hookups: 9 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 9 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 3 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 6
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Winterized Sites: 9
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Stonewall - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested.
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 40 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 40 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 40 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 83, 85, 851,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.