Sugarbush Campground and Liquor Store
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
The most relaxing campground in the Arkansas Valley is SUGARBUSH CAMPGROUND in Howard, Colorado. Camp with easy access to Arkansas River recreation, from Buena Vista to Cañon City!
CAMP IN THE VALLEY: Full Hookup RV sites nestled under tall pines offering cool shade; monthly rates are available from October through April. Our tent sites are tucked away along our small creek as it flows to the Arkansas River from making your family’s vacation feel more relaxing.
CAMPGROUND AMENITIES: Groomed gravel roads, free WiFi, bathhouse with hot showers and his/hers bathrooms, coin launderette, picnic pavilion, shady pine trees, and a small creek.
Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity is an additional cost to the monthly rate) Off-season October 1 – April 30: $550 for two people.
SUGARBUSH COMMUNITY STORE is open year round with firewood, ice, RV accessories, beer, wine and liquor.
RELAXATION AND RECREATION IN THE HEART OF THE ARKANSAS RIVER VALLEY: We’ve got it all: rivers, trails, and wilderness perfect for hikers, bikers, rafters, hunters, and anglers; and, those of use who simply enjoy relaxing in nature away from the noise of our hometown. Near excellent public hot springs pool, zipline courses, ATVing tours, horseback rides, and golf courses.
LOCATION: Along Highway 50 between Salida and Cañon City, at milepost marker 234.5, thirteen Scenic miles east to Downtown Salida and 40 miles west of the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park.
ADDRESS: 9229 US 50, Howard CO 81233
PHONE: 719-942-3363 For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservation please use the link above mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
Holiday RV - WELCOMING TRAVELERS to SALIDA! Full Service RV dealership in Poncha Springs: Buy New or Used! Small town dealer, big city selection with American top brands! Travel trailers, fifth wheels, A-frames, truck campers. Service and Parts Shop.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Classic Travel Trailers or Mini-Mobile Homes: 1 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access with an Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $28 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $35 to $45 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 2. Kids: $5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $225.00 to $300.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 22
- Tent Sites: 3
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 25
- Electric Hookups: 8 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 14 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 8 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 4
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 22
- Winterized Sites: 8
- Elevation: 6800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 20 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 50 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 691, 58, 86
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.