Sun Valley Ranch Bunkhouse - Year-Round Vacation Destination
|Visit our Web site|
CHARM, HISTORY, COMFORT, TRANQUILLITY, CONVENIENCE: Vacation in a private cabin next to Sun Valley Lake, adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park and Arapahoe National Forest.
BUNKHOUSE VACATION CABIN: One of the few original dwellings on the historic Sun Valley Ranch, the Bunkhouse has a modern kitchen, woodstove, gas grill, and out-the-door/on-the-shore access to a private lake. This 2-bedroom charmer is perfect for a small family or two couples. Sitting on Sun Valley Lake, it boasts some of the best views around!
WINTER WONDERLAND: Enjoy THE BEST access to an acclaimed and extensive groomed snowmobile trail system surrounding Sun Valley and Grand Lake.
The Bunkhouse is smoke and pet-free. It has abundant parking for trailers, and with rentals nearby, the Bunkhouse is a sledder and off-roader dream destination!
LOCATION: Sun Valley Ranch is two miles west of Highway 34, minutes from Grand Lake Village, the national park and forest.
DETAILS: To make reservations, check rates and availability, call 970-627-3670, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory for mid-week winter rates.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: No smoking allowed, please respect our vacation home.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Nightly Rates On-Season: $175
- Weekly Rates On-Season: $1050
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- Maximum Number of Guests: 6
- Total Number of Bedrooms: 2
- Total Number of Bathrooms: 1
- Total Number of Queen Beds: 1
- Total Number of Double Beds: 1
- Total Number of Bunk Beds: 1
- Total Number of Beds: 3
- Washer and Dryer: Yes.
- Campfires Allowed: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills: Yes
- Elevation: 8700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Stove. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: No phones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: Walking distance.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 8 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 8 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 8 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 8 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: 8 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 8 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 8 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): Walking distance.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 8 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 8 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 8 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 8 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 8 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 8 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: 25 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: Walking distance.