Eldorado Canyon State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Eldorado Canyon is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer any lodging or camping.
Eldorado Canyon State Park was selected as one of the "Ten State Parks You Can't Miss" by SmarterTravel.com
TECHNICAL ROCK CLIMBING: Eldorado Canyon offers over 500 different routes. Climbers from all over the world come to Eldorado Canyon to enjoy some of the best climbing in the world. The beauty of this magnificent canyon -- with its variety of trails and lovely streamside picnic areas -- engages the non-climber, as well.
FLY-FISHING AREA: With very little effort, these fish are hungry, healthy, and at certain times of the year, they are stacked in this one-mile stretch of South Boulder Creek. Rainbow and brook trout caught in Eldorado Canyon State Park average from eight to fourteen inches. A Colorado Fishing License is required and are usually available for purchase at the park Visitors Center. Due to the Fall 2013 flood, the course and character of the creek has been changed and access to some areas has been limited.
ELDORADO CANYON HAS THREE TRAILS: The Fowler trail is easy, the Rattle Snake Gulch trail is moderate, and the Eldorado Canyon trail is more difficult. Fowler Trail features a self-guided nature walk, benches and spotting scopes. Seasonally, portions of Rattle Snake Gulch Trail is closed due to raptor nesting. The Eldorado Canyon Trail connects to the Walker Ranch loop for an extended hike. Snowshoeing is best experienced on the Fowler and Rattlesnake Gulch Trails after a heavy snowfall.
SUMMER JUNIOR RANGER PROGRAM: For kids ages 6 to 12 is held on Saturdays during the summer. Kids will learn about Colorado's natural resources by participating in games, activities and crafts.
SUMMER LITTLE CRITTERS PROGRAM: For kids ages 3 to 5 this program is a fun introduction to the wonders of nature and the unique habitat of Eldorado Canyon.
ART IN THE PARK PRESENTS local musicians performing at the Visitors Center back patio during the summer months.
PICNICKING: Our picnic area along South Boulder Creek sustained heavy damage during the fall floods and currently has only a few usable sites. Clean restrooms and drinking water are nearby. Picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis - reservations are NOT accepted. Fall is an excellent time to enjoy a picnic in the park. During these cooler months, the picnic area is generally a very quiet place. On weekends and holidays from May through September, the entire park often reaches full vehicle capacity.
Eldorado Canyon State Park is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer camping.
LOCATION: Eldorado Canyon State Park, #9 Kneale Road, Eldorado Springs CO 80025.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Event Dates, and Directions: 303-494-3943.
- Elevation: 6000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Boulder - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Groups Welcome: Corporate. Reunion. Weddings.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 40
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.