Golden Gate Canyon State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Only 30 miles away from Denver, 12,000 acres of Golden Gate Canyon State Park awaits you with hiking, picnicking and camping among dense forest, rocky peaks and aspen-filled meadows.
The mountain splendor of Golden Gate Canyon's wildflower meadows, glorious autumn colors and spectacular view from the famous Panorama Point of over 100 miles of the Continental Divide make the park ideal for sightseers and photographers. Miles upon miles of mountain trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding and 134 campsites make Golden Gate Canyon accessible to everyone. Golden Gate Canyon is a great place for young anglers and fall color viewing.
20 back-country camping sites and 4 back-country shelters available.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Golden Gate Canyon State Park, 92 Crawford Gulch Road, Golden CO 80403.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 303-582-3707.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 6
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 2
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 61
- Tent Sites: 73
- Total Sites: 134
- Electric Hookups: 61 sites with electric only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 61 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 61
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 9100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Mountain Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Indoor Stall/Shed: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 24
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 16
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.