Jackson Lake State Park
|Visit our Web site|
An "Oasis in the Plains," Once known primarily for the hunting around its' banks, Jackson Lake State Park has become one of Colorado's finest outdoor recreation and water sports sites. Ranked one of the "Top 15 Park Beaches" by Reserve America.
A wide variety of activities such as boating, water-skiing, jet skiing, fishing and swimming are all enjoyed on the 2,500 surface-acre lake. The park is also known for its warm-water, with sandy bottom and shoreline with 60 picnic sites for your enjoyment.
Summer Weekend Programs: Junior Ranger Classes for kids, ages 6-12.
Camp at Jackson Lake has 260 campsites. All campsites have electric hookups with the exception of Fox Hills Campground and tent sites #49-52 at Lakeside Campground and tent sites #79-#82 in Pelican Campground.
During the winter the park offers camping, wildlife observation, photography, ice fishing, ice skating and hunting.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Jackson Lake State Park, 26363 County Road 3, Orchard CO 80649.
For Fishing Conditions, Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-645-2551.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 145
- Tent Sites: 97
- Total Sites: 260
- Electric Hookups: 145 sites with electric only.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 117 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 145
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 145
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 93
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 4440 feet above sea level.
- Region: Fort Morgan - Eastern, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 64
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 18
- State Parks: On site.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.