Ridgway State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Modern, universally-accessible recreation areas with a five-mile long reservoir!
Surrounded by the San Juan Mountains, Ridgway State Park offers breathtaking scenery, magnificent campgrounds, outstanding fishing and water activities. Here you can boat, fish, swim, camp, hike and study nature in one of the most beautiful areas of Colorado.
Your family can experience boating, water-skiing, paddle-boarding, wind-surfing and sailing on this beautiful lake. Kids will enjoy the swim beach, playgrounds, Summer Nature Detective Programs on Saturdays, fishing in the stocked ponds or hiking and biking the 14 miles of trails.
Exchange your vows at the overlook with the incredible background of the lake and the snow-capped mountains. Have your family reunion or a retreat at the group event facilities along the Uncompahgre River.
Enjoy ice fishing, cross-country skiing, wildlife viewing and snow-shoeing in the winter.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Ridgway State Park, 28555 Highway 550, Ridgway CO 81432.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-626-5822.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 3
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 247
- Tent Sites: 25
- Total Sites: 272
- Electric Hookups: 167 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 80 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 80
- Winterized Sites: 24
- Elevation: 6870 feet above sea level.
- Region: Ouray - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 250
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.