Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
|Visit our Web site|
USA Today readers voted Cumbres & Toltec the Best Scenic Train Ride in America. Climb aboard this National Historic Landmark for a 64-mile day trip you'll never forget.
Our coal-fired steam engine carries you through steep mountain canyons, high desert, and lush meadows as you zig zag between the Colorado and New Mexico border. Open your eyes to spectacular and rare Western scenery which can only be viewed from this train's unique route.
Ride in the Victorian elegance of our deluxe parlor car or choose the budget-friendly coach car. Either way, a delicious buffet lunch is included.
Trains depart daily from Chama, NM and Antonito, CO, from late May's blooming wildflowers through the golden leaves of October. A luxury motor coach chauffeurs you back to your starting point at the end of the ride.
Life is short. Ride long.
FOR RESERVATIONS CALL: 1-888-CUMBRES (1-888-286-2737).
2017 SCHEDULE for the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
SUMMER SCHEDULE: May 27th - September 4th, 2017.
FALL SCHEDULE: September 5th - October 22nd, 2017
Trains depart daily from May 27th to October 22nd from both the Antonito, Colorado and the Chama, New Mexico depots.
DEPOT LOCATIONS: Chama, New Mexico and Antonito, Colorado
CHAMA LOCATION: on US Highway 64/84: 47 miles east of Pagosa Springs, CO; and 95 miles west of Taos. The station is in the center of town along New Mexico Highway 17. Physical Address: 500 Terrace Drive, Chama New Mexico 87520.
ANTONITO LOCATION: on US Highway 285: 28 miles south of Alamosa, Colorado. The depot is located at the intersection of US Highway 285 and Colorado Highway 17, on the southern edge of town. Physical Address: 5234 B Highway 285, Antonito Colorado 81120.
- Elevation: 10000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Antonito - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Chama - North Central, New Mexico
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Lunch.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/27 to 10/22
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Museum: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.