BIRCO RV Parts & Services at Dakota Campground
Open all year! 1/2 mile south of exit 52 on business loop I-25 and 1 mile from downtown Walsenburg. BIRCO RV PARTS & SERVICE: A COMPLETE RV Parts & Service shop with an auto mechanic on duty! Our mechanics can fix your recreational vehicle! Chassis service and repair, right here. Need emergency service call us - tourist Welcome.
DAKOTA CAMPGROUND is a great stop before leaving the state or heading to the mountains, or if you 're looking for a more relaxing, less crowded vacation. Long, wide, level, pull-thrus with 30 & 50 amp service and room for slideouts on both sides. Separate tenting area with picnic tables and central firepits. We have a laundry and playground for the kids. FREE firewood for tenters. Clean restrooms with hot showers.
Walsenburg has a small-town atmosphere with a few good restaurants and several places where fisherman can land a hook.
Propane available on-site. Nearby activities include: water park, swimming, boating, fishing, golf course, museums, art gallery, library with free internet access, and movie theater.
Walsenburg 's Wild Waters a new water park is a great way to cool off the whole family with buckets of dumping water, fountains and sprays, two giant water slides and a curvaceous river of reversing water jets. If that isn't enough, there is also a pool with diving board, zero entry pool, decks and enjoy the cool 'brellas' and refreshments while you soak up the Colorado summer sun.
George Birrer, welcomes you. 1079 Highway 85/87, PO Box 206, Walsenburg CO 81089; 719-738-9912; fax 719-738-2198.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $15 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $25 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $150.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $400.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 31
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 41
- Electric Hookups: 1 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 28 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 6 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 31 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 31
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 31
- Winterized Sites: 31
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Walsenburg - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wi-Fi Wireless Internet: Available free.
- National Park OR Monument: 80 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 25 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 84, 85, 128, 133, 83, 861,