Granby Chamber of Commerce
|Visit our Web site|
GRANBY -- The Heart of Grand County
Founded in 1905, the sleepy mountain town of Granby, Colorado offers a friendly atmosphere, great climate, and a comfortable drive from Denver.
Wildlife is abundant. Anglers catch brook, brown, cutthroat, rainbow and golden trout in the secluded serenity of the clear mountain lakes and streams.
With most of the county's main attractions, including Granby Ranch and Winter Park Ski Resorts; Rocky Mountain National Park; Grand Lake; and Hot Sulphur Springs, within a 20-mile radius of Granby you'll be perfectly based for exploring. Granby is no longer Colorado's best kept secrets; shhhh
From a hearty breakfast to get you going in the morning, to a nice dinner with a good bottle of wine, Granby has the dining options every traveler desires.
Granby is brimming with exciting activities year round
All summer long you will enjoy hiking, world-class golfing, mountain biking, boating, rafting, horseback riding, Gold Medal Waters, and trophy lake fishing on any of the lakes surrounding Granby. In Fall the star attractions are our aspen trees as they turn gold. During the winter, Granby is not short of things to do: skiing at Granby Ranch, explore our white forests on cross-county skis, snowshoes and ski-skates. Head out for adventure and spend the day snowmobiling, ice fishing, or dog sledding. Or find a quiet spot with a thermos of coffee or cocoa and your Smartphone to share the beauty around you.
Granby's 4 courses are known together as "Grand Links"
GOLF GRANBY RANCH is an 18-hole championship mountain golf course that features 7,260 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. Designed by Mike Asmundson of Nicklaus Design.
POLE CREEK GOLF COURSE is ideal for families with three 9-hole courses. The Ranch 9 and The Meadow 9 wander through lush fields, while The Ridge 9 showcases what golf pro JT Thompson calls "the most spectacular view in Colorado."
GRAND ELK is the Rocky Mountain's only Scottish-Style Heathland Golf Course. Designed using the rolling terrain and natural contours to influence shot making, it's perfectly suited for all golfers because of the five tee boxes and family tees.
GRAND LAKE GOLF COURSE borders Rocky Mountain National Park and has a variety of challenging holes with spectacular views from every tee. The course was designed by Dick Phelps, renowned golf course architect, its rolling fairways and undulating greens are surrounded by colorful native flora.
GRANBY TRAILS: Hiking, Biking, Cross-Country Skiing
NORDIC TRAILS AT GRANBY RANCH: Colorado's Nordic Ski Capital with miles of cross-country skiing, Ski-skating, and snowshoeing trails. There are 2 Nordic trail networks on East Mountain (lift-access during skiing hours) and at the golf course.
DOWNHILL AND CROSS-COUNTRY MOUNTAIN BIKING: Between Winter Park, Arapaho National Forest, and Rocky Mountain National Park there are plenty of downhill, cross-country, and family biking trails that draw cyclists from far and wide. Experts and beginners alike will enjoy their riding experience from rocky, unmarked single tracks to bike paths and dirt roads.
GRANBY EVENTS: Vacation Bonus
January -- Three Lakes Ice Fishing Contest takes place over three days and is one of the largest fishing tournaments in Grand County.
June -- Ride the Rockies -- Granby is one of the stops along this cycling event. If your not riding it is amazing to watch as cyclists pedal 400 miles and nearly 2,500 vertical feet as they summit 5 mountain passes.
July -- "Largest Small Town Parade" on the 4th -- The parade boasts over 100 entries and always has a theme. The parade is followed by a BBQ with kids activities in the town park. Fireworks burst over the rodeo grounds after the Flying Heels Rodeo.
September -- Oktoberfest -- Bring the family, go for a run (5K/10K), then enjoy a Pancake Brunch and the Oktoberfest. With live music, craft & food vendors, a beer garden, a scarecrow contest, take in the Quilt Show, and let the kids play as there are many activities for them as well.
LOCATION: In Grand County at the intersection of Highway 34 and 40; 475 East Agate, Granby CO 80446.
For Current Event Dates; For a Visitors Guide: 970-887-2311.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Groups.
- Elevation: 8600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Public Rec Center: On site.
- Golf Course: On site.
- Art Gallery: On site.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: On site.
- Amusement Rides: On site.
- Mini Golf: On site.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 18, 28
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: Ski in/Ski out.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: On site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: On site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: On site.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.
- Sleigh Rides: On site.