LaVern Johnson RV Park and Campground
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Formally Known As Lyons Meadow.
BRAND NEW PARK AND FACILITIES: Camp next to the North St. Vrain River and beneath the Lyons Sandstone cliffs with full hookup RV sites and a separate tenting area. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, open-space and live music most summer nights.
SELECT RV SITES: Open All Year.
TENT CAMPING: Available April-October.
Minutes from historic downtown Lyons and beautiful Steamboat Mountain, Rabbit Mountain, Hall Ranch Open Space, and Heil Valley Ranch Open Space! There are many trails in the area to explore.
DOUBLE GATEWAY TO THE ROCKIES: Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park ARE only 19 miles away via Highways 36 and 7.
Dogs on a leash okay.
LOCATION: Lyons Meadow RV Park & Campground is at the intersection of CO Highway 7 and Railroad Avenue In Lyons, Colorado.
CALL TODAY FOR RESERVATIONS: 303-823-6150, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $15 to $25 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $40 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 5.
- RV Sites: 17
- Tent Sites: 18
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 35
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Elevation: 5374 feet above sea level.
- Region: Boulder - North Central, Colorado
- Region: Estes Park - North Central, Colorado
- Region: Lyons - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): Walking Distance (within 1 block).
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: No phones.
- Internet Cafe: Walking distance.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 200
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: Walking distance.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 7 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Riding distance to trailheads.
- Bike Path: Riding distance to path.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.