Rainbow Trout Ranch and Campground
|Visit our Web site|
Rainbow Trout Ranch and Campground have a stocked trout pond and a private campground with RV sites featuring 50amp electric service, limited WI-FI, and primitive sites for tent camping.
NO FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED! This is the perfect place to introduce youngsters to the great sport of fishing. Enjoy the great outdoors and mountain scenery while relaxing at a picnic table and easily catching dinner.
FISH CLEANING: Our sanitary cleaning station is next to Elk Creek where you can watch your fish being cleaned and bagged in ice for your trip home. Upon request, and when time allows, we will bone, fillet and skin your fish. This extra service requires additional time and expertise. Tipping is expected for all fish cleaning services.
RATES: $1.00 entry fee is required for all fishing customers over the age of two. The entry fee is waived for registered campers. Fish cost $0.85 to $1.05 per inch depending on size.
CAMPING: 2017 Season dates are May 18 to October 31.
ACTIVE MILITARY DISCOUNT 10%.
LOCATION: At Shaffer's Crossing (Elk Creek Road). Just off US Highway 285 in Pine, Colorado. The turn is about 4-1/2 miles south of Conifer.
ADDRESS: 32234 Fish Pond Way, Pine CO 80470
CONTACT: Vince Fisher, Park Manager, 303-838-5025.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/18 to 10/31
- Tent Camping Rates: $25 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $37 to $47 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 15
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 25
- Elevation: 8448 feet above sea level.
- Region: Bailey & Pine Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available with an additional fee.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.