Rainbow Trout Ranch and Campground
|Visit our Web site|
Rainbow Trout Ranch has Fishing Ponds and Campground sites southwest of Denver off Highway 285 in the Mountains south of Conifer, Colorado.
NO FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED! This is the perfect place to introduce kids to the sport of fishing. For experienced anglers and seniors, it is a great way to enjoy the outdoors while relaxing at a picnic table and easily catching dinner.
We begin each season by stocking 1,000 pounds of 12 to 14 inch fish. We re-stock every two weeks, keeping between 700 to 900 pounds of fish throughout the season.
FISHING RODS: We have 'American Explorer' fishing rods and reels for sale.
Upon special request and when time allows, we will bone and fillet your fish. Tipping is expected for the extra time this service requires.
THE CAMPGROUND WILL OPEN IN 2016: Campsites will follow the shoreline of Elk Creek just west of the Trophy Fish Pond. RV sites with electric will be available, along with WI-FI.
LOCATION: At Shaffer's Crossing (Elk Creek Road). Just off US Highway 285 in Pine, Colorado. The turn is about 4-1/2 miles south of Conifer. 32234 Fish Pond Way, Pine CO 80470.
Call Vince Fisher, Manager, 303-838-5025.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/18 to 10/31
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $35 to $50 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 15
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 25
- Elevation: 8448 feet above sea level.
- Region: Bailey & Pine Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 90
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.