Sweetwater Lake Resort & AJ Brink Outfitters
|Visit our Web site www.brinkoutfitters.com|
Vacation on the edge of the Flat Tops Wilderness in the grandeur of the White River National Forest. Sweetwater Lake Resort is surrounded by an unforgettable panorama of nature from mountain tops to streams rushing through meadows.
Vacation on the edge of the Flat Tops Wilderness
Fishing & Hunting Excursions
Diamond Jack's Western Restaurant
Weddings and Receptions
Choose between 2 and 3-bedroom cabins with fully equipped kitchens, showers and linens provided. Some of the 7 cabins are on the lake and have fireplaces and decks. One cabin has a woodstove.
Motel rooms include bedroom, bathrooms with showers, deck and tables on front porch.
20 primitive tent and RV camp sites have no hookups. Six of the RV sites are 45 feet and have room for slide-outs.
Sweetwater Lake Resort boasts rainbow and German brown trout, and kokanee salmon fishing in both the lake and nearby streams. Available on site are rowboat and canoe rentals, a barbecue picnic area, volleyball court and horseshoe area. There's even a wilderness cooking and packing school here! Numerous trails begin at the resort, including mountain bike, cross-country skiing and snowshoe trails. Nearby activities include a museum, golf course, whitewater rafting tours, and snowmobile trails. Tour the historic Ute Indian cave on our property and view the pictographs.
A.J. Brink Outfitters is based out of the resort and offers horseback rides, wilderness pack trips and winter rides. Exceptional, custom Flat Tops Wilderness horseback rides and pack trips (add wine, cheese, gourmet mountain fruit picnic or a brown bag lunch to your trail ride). This is also a great area for big game hunting.
Diamond Jack's Western Restaurant on the lake serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
Pets are permitted both in the cabins and at the campsites. Guests may also bring their own horse.
Wedding and activity planning services are available. Permitted by the US Forest Service Bureau of Land Management.
Sweetwater Lake Resort Location:
From I-70 take Dotsero exit 133 for 7 miles to Anderson's Camp. Turn west and follow Sweetwater Creek 10 miles. 3406 Sweetwater Road, Sweetwater CO 81637; 970-524-7344; fax 970-524-7346.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $65 to $220
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $455 to $1540
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information: Off-season rates available.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 6
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 4
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 4
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through High-Speed wired.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $12 to $15 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $15 to $25 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $84.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 5
- Tent Sites: 15
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 20
- Electric & Water Hookups: 1 sites with electric and water only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 2 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 3
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 7700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Glenwood Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Sweetwater - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Vail Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Map Location:
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Wood Stove. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- VCR: Available.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 50
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 20
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 40 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 40 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)