WJ Pagosa: Wilderness Journeys Winter and Summer - Guided Tours, Shuttle Service
|Visit our Web site www.wildernessjourneyspagosa.com|
Southwest Colorado -- Winter and Summer Excursions -- Guided Tours and Shuttle Service
In operation since 1969, providing quality guided tours in the Four Corners Area. We would love to share our knowledge of the history, old time lore and wildlife of the region with you. Let us design a tour for you, your group, or family.
ALL TOURS INCLUDED: Naturalists guide-driver, transportation, beverages, and binoculars. Lunch provided for an additional cost (or bring your own).
PAGOSA RAFTING OUTFITTERS. INC: Our daily raft trips include mild float trips for the whole family to overnight tours to get you in touch with mother nature and the thrill of blood pumping whitewater.
GUIDED WILDERNESS TOURS: Herds of elk are often sighted in our local meadows. Wildflowers blanket alpine tundra with a rainbow of colors, contrasting sharply with nearby snow fields. Photographers go wild on our mountain tops!
HISTORICAL TOURS: 8-hour tour departs at 8:30am and returns around 4:30pm. All ages welcome these are easy tours with short walks to old ruins, mines, and waterfalls.
GUIDED FISHING: Spend a day fly-fishing on the quality waters of the San Juan River. We provide the Fly-fishing boat, equipment and flies, guide-driver, and transportation to and from the river.
4X4 TOURS: The Elwood Pass Stagecoach Trail was once the only road leading east over the Continental Divide from Pagosa Springs. You will travel in comfort in a 4-wheel drive Suburban with our expert guide-driver. Just past Summitville, we head for the top of the 12,602 foot Mountain for an eagle-eye view.
TRAIN RIDES: Experience the Cascade Canyon Narrow Gauge Railroad, the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, or the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. All offer a glimpse of how people, gold, silver and goods traveled throughout Colorado. All tour guide-drivers are well versed in the pioneer and gold rush history of Pagosa, Durango, and the Train.
BALLOON RIDES: Sunrise flights, slowly rise from earth as the sun starts to shine revealing the canyons and valleys surrounding Pagosa Springs.
GRAVITY BIKE TOURS: Scenic mountain bike tours are ideal for older children and adults who are not up for an arduous peddle up a step mountain -- 85% DOWN HILL. See spectacular scenery and wildlife on the decent down the Forest Service Road.
TUBE RENTALS: River tube rentals available (with or without a shuttle); the San Juan River flows through the heart of Pagosa Springs.
MINING TOURS: Your guide-driver will take you over Wolf Creek Pass and along the Silver Thread Scenic Byway and o the Bachelor Loop see firsthand Creede’s historic silver mining district and ghost towns. Walk through a silver mine.
HIKING SHUTTLES: For the outdoor enthusiast that needs transportation from one end of your hiking adventure to the other hiring a shuttle is the perfect solution.
SHUTTLE TO WOLF CREEK: During ski season we are happy to do the driving for you! Each morning at 7:45am and 11:15am our vans leave Pagosa Springs for Wolf Creek Ski Area. In the afternoon the ONLY return trip is at 3:50pm from WOLF CREEK.
SNOWMOBILE TOURS: Explore our mountains in the winter; we offer tours near Wolf Creek Ski Area and in San Juan National Forest. Enjoy a guided tour along groomed trails. Ask about our backcountry options.
CROSS-COUNTRY SKI and SNOWSHOE TOURS: Explore our mountains in the winter; we offer tours of Alberta Loop at Wolf Creek Ski Area, Reservoir Hill Nordic Trails and West Fork Nordic Trails.
Colorado P.U.C. #16400.
We are able to accommodate large groups.
LOCATION: In Pagosa Spring, across the parking lot from City Market; 135 County Center Drive - Suite D, Pagosa Springs CO 81147.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR RESERVATIONS CALL: 970-731-4081.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Elevation: 7500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pagosa Springs Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- National Park OR Monument: On site.
- State Parks: On site.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: On site.
- Hot Mineral Springs: On site.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): On site.
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.
- Cave Tours: On site.
- Mine Tours: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: On site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.