Colorado Hot Springs & Mineral Baths
Hot Springs Pools and Mineral Water Baths are a Popular Attraction in Colorado
Long before European-Americans settled in Colorado, the hot springs of Colorado's mountains were popular with Indigenous Tribes like the Utes, Navajo, and Hopi. Today people are drawn to the state's hot springs to experience the healing properties of the mineral waters and to splash and play with their family.
In Colorado, it's easy to avoid a crowded chlorinated hotel hot tub. Your body feels more relaxed and comfortable when you get out of a natural hot springs pool, versus your typical backyard hot tub -- COME TO COLORADO EXPERIENCE OUR HOT SPRINGS AND MINERAL BATHS.
Colorado offers luxurious hot springs resorts, campgrounds with hot spring pools, vacation cabins with private soaking pools, large public hot spring swimming pools, and hike-in natural wonders with undeveloped soaking opportunities. Natural hot spring waters can be found throughout Colorado to soothe your muscles after a day of hiking, skiing or exploring. Many of Colorado's Hot Springs destinations have water-slides, snack concessions, changing rooms, and family-friendly amenities.
Colorado Day-Use Hot Springs Pools and Mineral Baths
These Colorado resorts offer day-use only hot springs pools. Experience one of the state's amazing natural resources sitting outside in your bathing suit, while it's snowing all round you. Chances are, anywhere you vacation this winter, there are therapeutic hot springs nearby, waiting to wash away powder-induced aches. Hot spring water comes from deep within the earth, bringing up natural healing minerals. Are they magical? Well, that depends on your beliefs. Either way, they are therapeutic for sure -- no chemicals. The water is constantly flowing.
- City of Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center, in Salida, Colorado. This is Colorado's largest indoor hot springs pool. Relax in natural, hot, mineral water. Public family swimming and soaking pools. There are also private European-Style natural hot baths. Open year-round.
- Dakota Hot Springs, clothing optional, in Penrose, Colorado. Open year-round.
- Desert Reef Hot Spring, clothing optional, in Florence, Colorado. Open year-round Wednesday-Sunday.
- Eldorado Swimming Pool, in Boulder, Colorado. Open Memorial Day - Labor Day.
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs Along the Colorado River, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. 16 small soaking pools with 100% pure, thermal mineral water plus a large freshwater family pool with elevated spa nestled along the Colorado River. Open year-round.
- Old Town Hot Springs, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Open year-round. Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- Ouray Hot Springs Pool & Fitness Center, in Ouray, Colorado. Open year-round.
- Overlook Hot Springs Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Open year-round.
- Yampah Spa and Salon, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Hot springs vapor caves. Open year-round. Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Colorado Hot Springs with Overnight Accommodations
These Colorado resorts all offer overnight accommodations: rooms, suites, cabins, yurts, tent sites, and/or RV sites. After you've had a relaxing and soothing hot springs soak, the last thing you'll want to do is drive home or back to your vacation lodging. Stay within steps of your hot springs pool! Most of these Hot Springs Retreats only have a large central public pool. If having your own private soaking pool is important, ask if they have lodging options with a private pool, soaking pool or review the section below. A few of the destinations have restricted public access or are only available to guests. However, most of them provide daily vacationer access as well as lodging guests.
- Avalanche Ranch Cabins and Hot Springs, in Crystal River Valley between Aspen and Glenwood, near Redstone, Colorado. Lodging not required. Limited non-guest access. Reservations are required. 3 hot springs pools! Log ranch cabins. Open year-round.
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs, in Ouray, Colorado. Lodging required. Open year-round.
- Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa, in Buena Vista, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- Dunton Hot Springs, in Dolores, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open from May to mid-November.
- Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, Pool and Spa, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. A family friendly environment: world's largest hot springs pool, lodge rooms, water slides, mini-golf, and new spa. Open year-round.
- Healing Waters Resort & Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Budget-friendly resort lodging: motel rooms, suites, park-cabins with free access to our healing waters hot springs swimming pool, outdoor soaking tub, spa mineral baths. Open year-round.
- Historic Indian Hot Springs - Healing Waters Spa, in Idaho Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- The Historic Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings, in Ouray, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa, in Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa, in Moffat, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round. Closed Wednesdays.
- Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, in Nathrop, Colorado. Lodging not required. Mountain Peaks 14,000+ feet surround you. Hot springs melt away your cares. Dine on gourmet meals. Creekside LUXURY SPA with massage rooms, licensed therapist, and yoga. Open year-round.
- Orvis Hot Springs, in Ridgway, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- Sand Dunes Pool & RV Park, in Hopper, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round. Closed Thursdays, New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- The Springs Resort & Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs, clothing optional after dark, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round.
- Trimble Day Spa and Natural Hot Springs, in Durango, Colorado. Lodging not required. Durango, Colorado's only natural hot springs pool and day spa. An outdoor pool, 2 therapy pools, spa treatments and message; certified therapists. Open year-round.
- Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, in Ouray, Colorado. Lodging required. Open year-round.
- Valley View Hot Springs at Orient Land Trust Nudist Facility, in Villa Grove, Colorado. Lodging not required. Open year-round. Closed December 1-28.
- Waunita Hot Springs Ranch, 27 miles east of Gunnison. Lodging not required. Open year-round. Waunita offers: Family Reunions Packages include exclusive use of pool, Daily passes from 10am - 6pm - call before coming, B&B style rooms - guests have exclusive use after 6pm.
Colorado Vacation Rentals with Private Hot Spring Tubs
There is no better way to relax in Colorado than to rent a place that comes with its own private hot springs soaking experience. There are a few Mountain Cabins in Colorado that allow your family the luxury of a private soaking pool, available to you and only you, for your entire vacation stay!
IMAGINE a Colorado log cabin, stone fireplace, and a ground level soaking pool with a sitting bench to make cloud counting and star gazing a delight. The water is rich with minerals and as clear as a pane of glass, maintained at a 104-degree temperature.
- Alpine Hot Springs Hideaway, between Buena Vista and Salida, Colorado. Lodging required. -- This private vacation home is in a spectacular alpine setting. Soothe your body and soul; soak in the private hand-built soaking hot mineral springs pool!
- Antero Hot Springs Cabins, near Buena Vista and Salida, Colorado. Lodging required. -- Historic creekside cabins each have a PRIVATE NATURAL HOT SPRING POOL. Views of Mount Antero in the heart of the Colorado's fourteener region -- the Collegiate Peaks!
- A Creek Side Hot Springs Cabin, near Buena Vista, Colorado. Lodging required.
- Treehouse Hot Springs, in Nathrop, Colorado near Mt. Princeton. Lodging required. -- An octagon home elevated in a treehouse fashion to enjoy the fabulous views! Private 27 foot hot springs soaking pool and fishing on site.
Colorado's Undeveloped Hot Springs
There are 6 noted hot springs experiences in Colorado that offer soothing waters without the commercial trappings, that is, if you're willing to hike in. Some are just a few feet off the road, while others are a 10-mile backpacking trip, where we would suggest you spend the night in a tent before heading back to civilization.
- Conundrum Hot Springs, near Aspen and Snowmass, best to visit after spring run-off until ski season. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.0122N 106.8912W
- Penny Hot Springs, in the Crystal River Valley, best to visit to visit year-round. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.226159N 107.225818W
- Piedra River Hot Springs, near Navajo Lake, best to visit after spring run-off until ski season. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 37.353608N 107.323053W
- Radium Hot Springs, near Hot Sulphur Springs, best to visit after spring run-off until ski season. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.959912N 106.540704W
- Rainbow Hot Springs, near Pagosa Springs, best to visit from Mid-summer to fall. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 37.508519N 106.947482W
- South Canyon Hot Springs, near Glenwood Springs, best to visit year-round. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.553755N 107.410777W