Highline Lake State Park
|Visit our Web site|
An oasis in the desert, Highline Lake is the recreation epicenter for the Grand Valley with two lakes, lush grass, trails and trees.
An ideal base camp for exploring the Grand Junction area, Highline Lake State Park is the center for water-sports in the Grand Valley of western Colorado. The park features shaded areas and maintained turf. Due to the Park's low elevation, it is an ideal getaway from early spring to late fall.
There are two beautiful lakes at the Park: Highline Lake is designated for water-and-jet skiers, swimming, sail-boarding, and boaters; Mack Mesa Lake is electric trolling motors or paddle only. It is designated for wakeless boating only. Both lakes offer great fishing.
Great blue heron, white pelicans, and whooping crane are just a few of the migrating bird species that stop at the Park. Two watchable Wildlife Migratory Waterfowl Overlook Kiosks provide excellent views of the surrounding area. Highline Lake is also a great place to establish a base camp for mountain biking and river rafting.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Highline Lake State Park, 1800 11.8 Road, Loma CO 81524.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-858-7208.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 31
- Tent Sites: 31
- Total Sites: 31
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 16 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 26
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 4700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Junction - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 300
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 20
- National Park OR Monument: 10 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.