Rifle Falls/Rifle Gap/Harvey Gap State Parks
|Visit our Web site|
RIFLE FALLS State Park is the closest you'll get to the tropics in Colorado with lush trees and greenery kept moist by the spray of the cascading triple 70-foot waterfall. Mysterious limestone caves beneath the falls entice spelunkers and other curious vacationers to explore their dark depths. Rifle Falls has 13 drive-in and 7 walk-in campsites that sit to the south along East Rifle Creek.
HARVEY GAP State Park is located 6 miles east of Rifle Gap and is a favorite spot with anglers in winter and summer. A variety of cold and warm water fish including rainbow trout, crappie, perch, catfish, bass and pike live in the lake. Harvey Gap also offers shaded picnic tables, boating with 20 or less HP motors and a swim beach. THIS IS A DAY-USE PARK ONLY, CAMPERS WILL WANT TO MAKE RESERVATIONS AT EITHER RIFLE FALLS OR RIFLE GAP STATE PARKS.
RIFLE GAP State Park has something to offer every outdoor enthusiast. The clean, clear waters of this 350 acre reservoir afford some of the best boating, swimming and water-skiing in Colorado. 5 campgrounds offer 89 campsites. Hiking and picnicking opportunities also await vacationers at this 1,305-acre park. In the winter, anglers bundle up for ice fishing.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Park office for Rifle Gap State Park, Rifle Falls State Park and Harvey Gap State Park: 5775 Highway 325, Rifle CO 81650.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-625-1607.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 92
- Tent Sites: 17
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 109
- Electric Hookups: 36 sites with electric only.
- Electric & Water Hookups: 8 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 36 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 47
- Winterized Sites: 23
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Rifle - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 20 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Cave Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Tours: 10 minutes drive.