Elkhorn Lodge Chama New Mexico
|Visit our Web site|
The Elkhorn Lodge has hosted thousands of visitors for 60+ years. Nestled on the banks of the Chama River, this area boasts some of the most spectacular scenery in the Rocky Mountains.
Groups, Reunions, and Weddings are welcome!
MOUNTAIN CABINS: 11 cabins are fully equipped with kitchens, towels, linens, pots, pans, dishes, cutlery and Free WI-FI. Small studio cabins sleep 2; One-Bedroom Cabins sleep 4 people; and our Large Cabins sleep up to 8 people. Pets are welcome in cabins with reservations.
MOTEL ROOMS: 22 spacious motel rooms have coffee makers, Cable TV with HBO and Free WI-FI.
The Long Branch Compound consists of 16 rooms all on ground level with two queen sized beds, and a full bath. Pets are allowed. This unit is especially good for groups, bus tours and family reunions.
Upstairs King Rooms are hand painted and decorated in a different southwest motif with a private balcony. The 2nd floor houses two separate rooms; one room has a queen bed, the other one has a king bed. These extra large, comfortable rooms are ideal for couples.
Downstairs Queen rooms are spacious with a queen bed and full bathroom. Relax on the front porch.
ACTIVITIES: Hunting, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, wildlife watching, snowmobiling, rafting. Soak in our hot tub year round after a long day!
LOCATION: About 2 miles south of Chama New Mexico. Take NM Highway 17 south for 1.5 miles, continue straight merging into US 84; 2643 US 84, Chama NM 87520.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 575-756-2105.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $80 to $139
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 10
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities: 1
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 22
- RV/Mobile Homes for Rent: 1 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 2
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 34
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Tent Camping Rates: $12 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $25 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 5
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 15
- Elevation: 7860 feet above sea level.
- Region: Chama - North Central, New Mexico
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Meals Regularly Served: Continental Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 150
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 20 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Art Gallery: 2 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Casino Gambling: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Tours: 30 minutes drive.