Great Sand Dunes Lodge at National Park
|Visit our Web site www.gsdlodge.com|
VISITING GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE? STAY WITH US AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK.
At the lodge you'll enjoy outstanding views of 14,000 foot peaks, the wide expanse of the San Luis Valley, and the ever changing magic of the Sand Dunes.
BUCKET LIST EXPERIENCES: Sand sledding or sand-boarding Colorado's dunes, Take a photography class in the Rocky Mountains, four-wheel drive Mt. Blanca Peak: Colorado's fourth highest summit.
Relax in your patio after a long day of exploring and watch spectacular sunsets. Unwind in our heated indoor pool the perfect end to a perfect day.
STANDARD ROOMS feature private patios overlooking the Great Sand Dunes, 2 queen beds, telephone, heating, A/C, private baths, satellite TV, WI-FI wireless Internet.
DELUXE ROOMS feature a king bed in a larger room with upscale furnishing. Additional amenities include a refrigerator with freezer, microwave, hi-definition TV and private gas grills.
Full service restaurant, gift shop, store, and laundry facilities are within walking distance. Bring your 4-wheel drive vehicle and enjoy the trails at the Great Sand Dunes. Hike and explore the fabulous San Luis Valley and mountains.
LOCATION: 32 miles from Alamosa, at the entrance to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.
ADDRESS: 7900 Highway 150 North, Mosca CO 81146.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-378-2900, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 3/17 to 10/18
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $120 to $190
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Condos & Luxury Suites: 2
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 12
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 8100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor swimming pool.
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 40
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 5 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 2 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 35 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 82,