Leadville CO & Southern Railroad Co
|Email Leadville CO & Southern Railroad Co Directly|
|Visit our Web site www.leadville-train.com|
Discover a True Gem High Above The Clouds . . .
. . . in the Colorado Rocky Mountains . . .
ALL ABOARD LEADVILLE'S SCENIC TRAIN RIDE
The historic mining town of Leadville is tucked away in an alpine valley at the base of Colorado's highest peak. Here you will find spectacular views, volumes of living history and a population proud of its working class heritage. Winding through this colorful tapestry like a brilliant red ribbon is the Leadville, Colorado & Southern Railroad.
Originating in "the highest incorporated city in North America," the LC&S takes passengers along the old Denver, South Park & Pacific and Colorado & Southern lines to the Continental Divide. But, as the old adage states, "It's not the destination, but the journey that's important." This journey is full of panoramas across the Arkansas River Valley and humorous narratives about Leadville's colorful past. Mining and railroading were a large part of the local history, and today's passengers will find it easy to step back in time.
Besides the spectacular views and relaxing ride, the best part is entering the untamed wilderness. We go through aspen and pine forests with brilliant colors in the fall, and meadows covered with wildflowers and sometimes wildlife. We stop just before the Climax Molybdenum Mine. There you can get off the train to view the wildflowers, take pictures and wander for fifteen minutes.
FAQ: The train is dog and turtle friendly!
Leadville Colorado & Southern Railroad Train Runs From May 23 - October 4 in 2015.
(All trips are 2-1/2 hours long unless otherwise noted.)
- May 23 - June 12: 1pm
- June 13 - August 16: 10am and 2pm
- August 17 - October 4 (weekends): 10am & 2pm. (Weekdays): 1pm
SPECIAL TOURS - Call for Information and Reservations
- July Night Ride -- July 12, 6pm BBQ SPECIAL
- July Wildflower Tour -- July 18th 10am TRIP ONLY
- July Wildflower Tour -- July 25th 10am TRIP ONLY
- August Wildflower Tour -- August 1st 10am TRIP ONLY
- September Fall Photo Tour -- September 12th & 13th, 19th & 20th, 26th & 27th: 10am & 2pm.
TRAIN DEPOT LOCATION: 326 East 7th Street, Leadville CO 80461.
For Current Rates; Directions, and Reservations: 719-486-3936; 1-866-386-3936.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Elevation: 10000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Leadville & Twin Lakes Area - North Central, Colorado
- Region: Summit County - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 250
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/23 to 10/4
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.