Leadville CO & Southern Railroad Co
|Email Leadville CO & Southern Railroad Co Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
Discover a True Gem High Above The Clouds . . .
. . . In the Colorado Rocky Mountains
ALL ABOARD LEADVILLE'S SCENIC TRAIN RIDE
The historic mining town of Leadville is tucked away in an alpine valley at the base of Colorado's highest peak. Here you will find spectacular views, volumes of living history and a population proud of its working class heritage. Winding through this colorful tapestry like a brilliant red ribbon is the Leadville, Colorado & Southern Railroad.
Originating in "the highest incorporated city in North America," the LC&S takes passengers along the old Denver, South Park & Pacific and Colorado & Southern lines to the Continental Divide. But, as the old adage states, "It's not the destination, but the journey that's important." This journey is full of panoramas across the Arkansas River Valley and humorous narratives about Leadville's colorful past. Mining and railroading were a large part of the local history, and today's passengers will find it easy to step back in time.
Besides the spectacular views and relaxing ride, the best part is entering the untamed wilderness. We go through aspen and pine forests with brilliant colors in the fall, and meadows covered with wildflowers and sometimes wildlife. We stop just before the Climax Molybdenum Mine. There you can get off the train to view the wildflowers, take pictures and wander for fifteen minutes.
FAQ: The train is dog and turtle friendly!
Leadville Colorado & Southern Railroad Train Runs From May 27 - October 8 in 2017.
(All trips are 2-1/2 hours long unless otherwise noted.)
TRAIN SCHEDULE EARLY SEASON: May 27 - June 16: Departing 1pm
TRAIN SCHEDULE MID SEASON: June 17 - August 18: Departing 10am & 2pm
TRAIN SCHEDULE LATE SEASON: August 19 - October 8 (Weekends): Departing 10am & 2pm, (Weekdays): Departing 1pm
SPECIAL TOURS - Call for Information and Reservations
JULY NIGHT RIDE: The Devils Tail BBQ Special-- July 8th: Departing 6pm
JULY WILDFLOWER TOUR: July 22nd: Departing 10am TRIP ONLY
JULY WILDFLOWER TOUR: July 29th: Departing 10am TRIP ONLY
AUGUST WILDFLOWER TOUR: August 5th: Departing 10am TRIP ONLY
SEPTEMBER STORK CURVE-CLIMAX BBQ SPECIAL: September 2nd: Departing 4:30pm
SEPTEMBER FALL PHOTO TOUR: September 16th & 17th, 23rd & 24th, 30th: Departing 10am & 2pm
OCTOBER FALL PHOTO TOUR: October 1st: Departing 10am & 2pm
TRAIN DEPOT ADDRESS: 326 East 7th Street, Leadville CO 80461
For Current Rates; Directions, and Reservations: 719-486-3936; 1-866-386-3936, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Elevation: 10000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Leadville & Twin Lakes Area - North Central, Colorado
- Region: Summit County - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 250
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/27 to 10/8
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.