Picketwire Lodge & Store
Enjoy the quiet mountain life. Beautiful views. Two types of lodging - apartments and motel rooms all with cooking facilities: stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and utensils.
"The best little gift shop on Highway 12, The Scenic Highway of Legends." With everything from groceries to gasoline with a wide assortment of gifts including carved wood figures and t-shirts.
The self-service 24/7 pumps include diesel, unleaded, and premium fuel. The next closest gas station is 45 minutes away in both directions.
32 mile west of Trinidad and I-25. 7600 Highway 12, Weston CO 81091; 719-868-2265.
|Visit our Web site|
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $99 to $199
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $600 to $1200
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Units with TV: Most units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 50
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Stonewall - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Wi-Fi Wireless Internet: Available free.
- National Park OR Monument: 20 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 20 minute drive. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 85, 851,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.