Soward Ranch: Colorado Cattle Ranch - Guest Cabin - Fly-Fishing
|Email Soward Ranch: Colorado Cattle Ranch - Guest Cabin - Fly-Fishing Directly|
Centennial cattle ranch and resort In the upper Rio Grande Valley this resort-cattle ranch is below towering mountain peaks and bordered on two sides by National Forest.
Exclusive trout fishing in 3 private ponds and 4 fly-fishing streams.
Each mountain cabin is assured privacy as they are scattered over 1,200 acres. Guest Cabins are fully modernized.
The Ranch has been in the same family for over 125 years and in the guest-cabin business since 1932!
LOCATION: 14 miles southwest of Creede on Highway 149, the head South on Middle Creek Road for 7 miles; 6164 Middle Creek Rd Creede. CO 81130.
ADVANCED RESERVATIONS NECESSARY! Call Today: 719-658-2295.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/15 to 10/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $95 to $310
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 12
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 3
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 9000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Creede - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Phone: In common area.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 25 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.