Echo Lake Lodge - Wildlife Watching, Restaurant, Gift Shop
|Visit our Web site|
|Echo Lake Lodge - Wildlife Watching, Restaurant, Gift Shop Location Map|
STOP HERE FOR MOUNT EVANS ROAD CONDITIONS and INFORMATION!
BUCKET LIST ADVENTURES: Drive a Colorado fourteener. Bike to the summit of a Colorado Fourteener. Hike a Colorado Fourteener. This is your destination!
Spend a day on Mt. Evans Scenic and Historic Byway DRIVE OR BICYCLE along the HIGHEST PAVED HIGHWAY in NORTH AMERICA, Highway 5, 14 miles to the summit of the 14,264' peak. Be sure to look for bighorn sheep, elk and goats among alpine tundra and bristlecone pines (many are over 1,000 years old).
Everyone who travels the Byway understands why Mt. Evans is referred to as "The Gateway to the Rocky Mountains!" Depending on snow fall, the Mt. Evans Byway opens on Memorial Day weekend and closes on Labor Day. There is a fee for use of the highway. On a clear day you can see Rocky Mountain National Park, Longs Peak, the Sangre de Cristo Range, Pikes Peak and the Continental Divide. It's easy to spend a day or two in this area with all the outdoor activities. Echo Lake is an enchanting spot for fishing, hiking, picnicking, wildlife watching. It's a photographer's delight.
THE ECHO LAKE LODGE restaurant is on Colorado Highway 103 at the junction of Mount Evans Road. We have welcomed visitors to the Mount Evans area since 1926. Our authentic log building, constructed of stripped stained logs from the surrounding forest with a charming 4-sided stone fireplace, houses a restaurant, bar and gift shop. Considered to be the gem of the Mountain parks in 1926, the lodge is worth stopping just to see this architectural work of art.
Diners enjoy watching the multitude of hummingbirds feeding and the breathtaking view of Echo Lake. Pan-fried trout is the lodge specialty. We also offer sandwiches, cocktails and scrumptious dinners.
ALWAYS START WITH DESSERT -- WE HAVE A WONDERFUL VARIETY OF HOMEMADE PIES TO FEAST ON!
Our gift shop offers a fine selection of authentic Indian handmade jewelry plus Colorado and Mt. Evans souvenirs. Don't miss out on the great selection of t-shirts and other great gifts for yourself, friends or family.
OPEN SEASONALLY: From 9am to 6pm from the middle of May to the end of September with extended hours during the summer months.
LOCATION: From I-70 take the Mt. Evans exit 240 or follow Highway 103 up from Bergen Park, about an hour from Denver.
For Road Conditions; Information call; 303-567-2138.
- Elevation: 10600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Mountain Area - North Central, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast & Lunch.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 80
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/15 to 9/30
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.