Evergreen Lake House, The
|Visit our Web site|
Evergreen Lake House is our crown jewel, overlooking Evergreen Lake with majestic views in all directions a half hour from downtown Denver. The inside of the building has a rustic log cabin charm of a mountain getaway. In winter the Lake House is transformed into a Skating Center, pending ice conditions. The rest of the year it is a venue that is used for community celebrations, weddings, events, and meetings.
EVERGREEN LAKE PARK -- Year Round Recreation Destination
FISHING: From sunrise to sunset. The lake is stocked with Rainbow Trout. A Colorado fishing license is required, available at the Evergreen Safeway. All state laws must be obeyed. Bait is available at boat rental marina.
EVERGREEN LAKE TRAIL: This 1.3 mile long trail encircles the lake and has a natural surface perfect for walking and jogging. Leash laws are enforced by Jefferson County Animal Control.
BOATING: Daily from May 3rd - August 18th and Weekends September 1st - 21st. Rental boat fleet: canoes, paddle boats, kayaks, trikes, sailboats, and fishing boats. If you bring your own boat, please check in prior to launching. Only electric trolling motors are permitted. Life jackets are required.
OUTDOOR ICE-SKATING AND HOCKEY: This is the world's largest Zamboni-groomed outdoor ice rink, a stunning 8.5-acre stretch of ice with 11 pond hockey rinks and a huge public skating rink. This magnificent field of ice is spectacularly situated amid ponderosa pine-covered mountains. Skate rentals are available. Escape the wintry weather inside Evergreen Lake House, enjoying hot chocolate and snacks beside the giant stone fireplace. Skating at Evergreen Lake is a truly memorable experience.
HISTORICAL BOAT/WARMING HOUSE: The Old Boat House was built in the 1930s and renovated with the help of the Colorado Historical Society and Jefferson County Open Space in March 2007. In summer, it's used for the District's boating program and in winter the "warming hut" is available to rent for birthday parties, and group events; a private hockey rink with goals is included with the rental.
WEDDINGS: Rent the Evergreen Lake House. Pick your time: 9am - 4pm or 5pm - 12am. Have an outdoor ceremony on the Lakeside Deck and an indoor reception.
LOCATION: In the mountains just off Evergreen Parkway; 29612 Upper Bear Creek Road, Evergreen CO 80439.
For Fishing and Ice Conditions; Current Rates: 720-880-1300.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7220 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Mountain Area - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 200
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 2500
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.