Hidee Gold Mine Tour
Panning for Gold + Educational Tour = Family Adventure in Central City
The miners and supporters of the Hidee Gold Mining Company have been working for over a decade to bring to life the rich history of mining near Central City & Black Hawk Colorado. We concentrate on local geology, history, and explain mining methods both past and present. Tours include a stop at a real 5 foot vertical gold vein where you use a single jack hammer and chisel (provided) to chip a gold ore sample loose, yours to keep! Gold panning lessons are free with the tour and picnic tables overlook scenic Russell Gulch for your enjoyment.
Open All Year - Great For Kids - Free Gold Sample - Hidee Mine
The Hidee sits in the heart of the Virginia Canyon - Glory Hole Area, reputed to be the richest square mile on Earth. The mines in this area all told produced more than $1 billion (1998 prices) in gold and silver since 1859.
Location: 1.7 miles south of Central City on the new 4-lane Central City Parkway; or 6.3 miles off I-70 near Idaho Springs, take exit 243 to Central City Parkway.
Thank you for your interest!
Seasonal hours apply but we are always open by reservation, just call: 720-548-0343.
|Visit our Web site www.hideegoldmine.com|
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 8496 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Mountain Area - North Central, Colorado
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/25 to 9/28
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Ghost Town: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mine Tours: On site.