High Canyon Adventures @ Bair Ranch
|Visit our Web site|
Colorado's Outdoor Family Adventure Experts
High Canyon Adventures, operated on the Bair Ranch, is in the mountains of Colorado's western slope, in the heart of Glenwood Canyon, minutes from Vail, Aspen and Glenwood Springs. Ranch activities are close to I-70 with easy access.
Family owned and operated, our ranch encompasses over 5500 acres and miles of trails, surrounded by forest, canyons, and the Colorado River.
We offer guided horseback riding, ATV tours, and snowcat tours for your enjoyment. We also have chuckwagon suppers.
SHORT RIDES FOR THE NOVICE RIDER: riders are offered lessons on basic horse handling and operation. We teach the Do's and the Don'ts of horsemanship to ensure the enjoyment and the safety of each rider.
LONG RIDES FOR THE EXPERIENCED & ADVENTUROUS RIDER: Ride into the mountains on a scenic trail. Lunch or dinner may be provided at the half way point in the ride or at the end.
Overnight Rides are also available (dinner and cabin Included).
Looking for a family activity for young and old alike a HAY RIDE is always fun for the entire family or group.
We have the best terrain for ATVs in the state. Every time is different . . . Every ride, an experience of a lifetime. Ride single or double on one of our Polaris Sportsman 500CC ATVs. Tours Include: Professional guide, Polaris ATV, helmet, drink, outdoor attire is appropriate (jeans and boots are recommended). Scenic Tours are available 7 Days a week. Call for Reservations. We Welcome Groups, and Special Events.
SnowCat trips run during winter months - pending adequate snow. The scenic tour covers terrain that would normally be inaccessible during the winter months. Wildlife is abundant on the ranch and deer and elk sightings are possible. We offer a Canyon Tour (2 hour) and a Mountain Tour (3 hour).
Meals are catered and served by an authentic "Old West" chuck wagon as well as cook cabin. Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners may not be included in some packages but are all available upon request. Private Dinner Parties can also be arranged for all occasions: reunions, weddings, corporate retreats and meetings or other special occasions. Our Western BBQs are very popular for company outings or just for a good time.
LOCATION: Easily accessible, take I-70 to Exit 129 which is just before Glenwood Canyon. We are south of the Colorado River.
ADDRESS: 66586 US Highway 6, Glenwood Springs CO 81601.
Call today for your Colorado family vacation entertainment package: 970-945-9773, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
LOOKING FOR A PLAY TO STAY: High Canyon @ Bair Ranch: Cabins, Vacations Homes, Destination Weddings Between Glenwood Canyon and Vail. Cabins and Vacation Homes on 5,500 acres. Bair Ranch is a mountain wedding destination. Fishing pond on-site. See Wildlife!
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Groups.
- Elevation: 7700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Aspen & Snowmass Village - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Glenwood Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Vail Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 500
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 44, 444,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.