Broadmoor Pikes Peak Cog Railway
|Visit our Web site|
Travel on the World's Highest Cog Train, Ascending Pikes Peak in Spring, Summer and Fall
There simply isn't an experience like the Pikes Peak Cog Railway. Sit back, relax and check out the amazing views of Pikes Peak and Colorado Springs while ascending Pikes Peak on the cog train! Your Cog Railway journey begins at 6,600 feet in Manitou Springs and ends at the summit of Pikes Peak, 14,115 feet at the top.
ROUND TRIP 3 HOURS AND 10 MINUTES: The track of the Pikes Peak Cog Railway is 8.9 miles long. The first third of the Pikes Peak train trip is along Ruxton Creek. Here the steep track follows a cascading stream through dense spruce and ponderosa pine trees; some trees are over 2000 years old. Right below the old settlement of Ruxton Park, the train passes through "Hell Gate" -- a natural gateway in the mountains. Then the track passes over the Four Mile Siding and you'll get your our first glimpse of Pikes Peak! Once the Pikes Peak Cog Railway climbs above timberline, the views become expansive. Here you'll likely see yellow-bellied marmots and Bighorn sheep. To the east stretch the Great Plains beyond the border of Kansas; while to the south, the Sangre de Cristo Range stretches to New Mexico. It's an incredible ride and one you and your family won't want to miss!
COG RAILWAY MARKET CAFE: Regardless of the time of day, there are breakfast, lunch and dinner items; enjoy dining on the patio; or, grab some snacks to take aboard the train.
STEAMER STOP SHOP: Need water, a sweatshirt, some sunscreen? Stop in the Steamer Stop Shop with warm-weather apparel and souvenirs to remember your trip. Many times, the temperature can be 30-40 degrees cooler at the summit!
HOURS: Trip every 80 minutes year round.
OPEN SEASONALLY: March-October; Open Daily from 8am to 4pm.
ADDRESS: 515 Ruxton Ave, Manitou Springs CO 80829
RESERVATIONS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: 719-685-5401, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Elevation: 6358 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pikes Peak Area - South Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 214
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 75
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 3/1 to 10/29
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.