Heart of the Rockies Campground & RV Park
|Visit our Web site|
Camp in the Heart of OUTDOOR MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE between Salida and Gunnison.
RV SITES: Full hookup with pull-thru; water & electric with pull-thru; and electric only sites for small units. All sites have 20 amp service, trees, shade and firepits.
TENT SITES Our tenting area offers trees, seasonal stream, and peaceful quiet. Meadow sites are along a seasonal stream. All sites have picnic tables, firepits, and potable water.
GROUP SITE: Our group site is available for 9 or more tenters. The book early; please call for reservation.
FACILITIES: Community room, pot lucks, showers, restrooms, laundromat, store, community firepit, and Free WI-FI.
ADVENTURES: Off-roading -- Jeep and ATV, fishing -- lake and stream, hiking, mountain biking, hunting, ghost towns, skiing, rafting, kayaking, horseback riding, zip-lining, tram rides, and local winery. Then, spend a day soaking in a hot springs pool
DAY TRIPS: Monarch Mountain -- 10 Minutes, Great Sand Dunes -- 60 Minutes, Salida Historical District -- 20 Minutes, Blue Mesa Lake -- 60 Minutes, Black Canyon of the Gunnison - 2 Hours, and Ghost Towns - 45 Minutes.
PETS ARE WELCOME with Well Behaved Owners; pets MUST be on a leash at all times and MUST be picked up after. The first dog is free, extra dogs are $2 each per night.
LOCATION: 10 miles west of Salida, and 11 miles east of Monarch Mountain; along scenic Highway 50, 5 miles west of Highway 285 between mile markers 211 & 212; 16105 Highway 50, Salida CO 81201.
RATES: All sites are based on 2 person occupancy.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-539-4051.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $23 to $27 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $31 to $38 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids: $5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $186.00 to $228.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $600.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 45
- Tent Sites: 25
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 65
- Electric & Water Hookups: 15 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 25 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 45 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 45
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 45
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 25
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 8200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Ranch setting. At a Ski resort.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for additional fee or deposit. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 5 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 7 minutes drive.
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 20
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 15 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 15 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 15 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 56, 57, 561, 86, 82, 681, 49