Lake John Resort RV Park and Cabins
|Visit our Web site|
Come have a hot cup of coffee and trade your fishing pictures and stories ... Lake John Resort is a place to share with family and make friends for life!
Spectacular views and a short walk to Lake John, a world-class Rocky Mountain Trout fishery in beautiful North Park, Colorado.
Cabins with kitchenettes, utensils, showers, electric heat and linens.
30 RV sites with full hookups, pull-thru access and views of the lake.
ON-SITE AMENITIES: General Store and Bait/Tackle Shop. Full service restaurant coming soon.
A FISHING DESTINATION: The gold medal waters of North Park as well as the alpine lakes of the Mt. Zirkel Wilderness offer outstanding angling opportunities. Lake John Resort is only a short distance from the Delaney Butte Lakes, Big Creek Lake, Cowdrey Lake, the Grizzly Helena Trail and the many alpine lakes of Mt. Zirkel Wilderness.
PUBLIC LANDS OFFER: Hunting, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, North Sand Hills Recreation Area, Teller City Ghost Town, Indian Ruins and much more.
PLEASE NOTE: Multi-Night stay required during weekends, holidays and special events.
LOCATION: From Walden take County Road 12W to Country Road 7 then continue onto Country Road 7A.
ADDRESS: 2521 CR 7A, Walden CO 80480
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-723-3226, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $90 to $200
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $35 to $60 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids: $0.
- RV Sites: 30
- Total Sites: 30
- Full Hookups: 30 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 30 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 10 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 30
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 30
- Winterized Sites: 30
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 8200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Walden (North Park) - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: 15 minutes drive.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Stove. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 25
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 25
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: Walking distance.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 161, 16, 6, 17
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 30 minutes drive.