Pleasant Valley RV Park of Howard
The Arkansas River runs next to Pleasant Valley RV Park offering great fishing; enjoy one-mile of private river access.
Full hookups on the river. Level sites with grass, 20, 30, 50amp full hookups, mostly pull-thrus, phone hookup and picnic table. Complimentary WiFi.
Make Pleasant Valley your base camp - Stay a month or two! 14-miles west of Salida: golf course, hot springs swimming pool, bowling alley, groceries, health center, gift shops, art galleries, antiques and restaurants.
Many of our happy guests are repeat campers coming back month after month, summer after summer, and year after year.
LOCATION: In the central Rockies near Salida. 1/3-mile off Highway 50 between milepost markers 235 and 236.
ADDRESS: 0018 County Road 47, Howard CO 81233
Reservations during summer months are highly recommended: 719-942-3484, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/15 to 10/15
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $40 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $250.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $500.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 8
- Total Sites: 8
- Full Hookups: 8 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 8 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 8 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 8
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 8
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Elevation: 6400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fitness Equipment. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Pet Park (leash free zone): Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Vet Services: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Broadcast.
- VCR: Available.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 20 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 25 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 80 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 86, 57, 691,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.