Stewart Homestead Cabin
|Stewart Homestead Cabin Location Map|
Come explore the North Fork Valley and discover the history of the homestead. Experience our real homestead cabin and a way of life 100 years ago -- Quiet and Peaceful -- have an unplugged family vacation.
Stewart's is your home away from home in the picturesque Onion Valley. Quiet, peaceful ranch setting with no phones! Newly added TV and DVD player only. This smoke free cabin is for you: full kitchen, bath, sleeps 10. Glass door woodstove for cozy evenings, campfire area for summer nights. Our night sky is so dark you can see the Milky Way in all it's glory, you'll be pleased you left the city lights at home. In the evenings you can hear coyotes calling to each other and the moon as you fall asleep.
Spend a day Hiking, biking, fishing on private property. Hunting, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling on nearby public lands. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is 30 minutes from the Cabin and is one of the most breathtaking views within the United States. Blue Mesa Lake/Res and Crawford Reservoirs are also close.
Make some great family memories. Ayer Family, welcomes you.
LOCATION: Along West Elk Scenic Byway, 9 miles south of Crawford between milepost markers 40-41; 7256 F81 Rd, Crawford CO 81415.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and To Make Your Reservations Call: 970-921-6751.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- About Smoking: No smoking Allowed.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Nightly Rates On-Season: Range from $130 to $290
- Weekly Rates On-Season: Range from $840 to $1960
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- Maximum Number of Guests: 10
- Total Number of Bedrooms: 2
- Total Number of Bathrooms: 2
- Total Number of Queen Beds: 1
- Total Number of Double Beds: 1
- Total Number of Single/Twin Beds: 6
- Total Number of Beds: 8
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Crawford - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: North Fork Valley - Northwest, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Secluded cabin or vacation home. Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Stove. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Phone: No phones.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 53, 63,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.