Colorado Gator & Reptile Park
Famous for its high altitude reptiles, the warm well water not only creates ponds and wetlands for the gators, but also provides outstanding habitat for many water-birds and waterfowl. Initially brought in to dispose of fish-processing waste, these reptiles are framed by snow-capped peaks and make for excellent photo opportunities. The "Two Mile Creek Wildlife Habitat" provides the opportunity to view gators and reptiles in a natural setting, to fish and go boating, and picnicking. Tours are available daily.
Gatorfest is held the first weekend in August each year. The world's first Gator Rodeo and Roundup, with roping, riding, and barrel racing.
Mission Statement: We are striving to be a family oriented, recreational, and educational farm making full use of natural resources with an integrated ecosystem that is practical and environment friendly. Our goal is constant improvement while striving to preserve a genetic variety of species.
Each December we have an ICE FESTIVAL with ice carving competitions, Santa Claus, and ice skating. What is this you say? Snow Gators? No, it's actually alligators in the snow! Alligators will sunbathe in the snow and then go back in the warm water when the sun goes down.
Open Daily: We're open seven days a week except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. June through August 9 am to 7 pm; and September through May from 9 am to 5 pm.
Located: 20 miles from Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve. 17 miles North of Alamosa on Highway 17 and three miles north of the Los Caminos Antiguos Scenic Byway. 9162 County Road 9 North, Mosca CO 81146; 719-378-2612.
|Visit our Web site|
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.