Colorado Gator & Reptile Park
Colorado Gators originally began as a tilapia farm in 1977, using the geothermal water to grow the tropical fish. In 1987 we purchased one hundred baby alligators to dispose of the dead fish and the remains of filleted fish. When people found out about the alligators and wanted to see them, we opened to the public. Soon people were dropping off their unwanted and/or dangerous pets. Today, COLORADO GATORS is home to hundreds of rescued reptiles including alligators, crocodiles, pythons, tortoises, turtles, and venomous snakes. These animals are on display to help teach the public what makes a good pet and what does not. Visitors have the opportunity to pet, hold, and take pictures with a little alligator. During the summer fishing is FREE with paid admission and if you catch carp you can feed them to the alligators!
MISSION STATEMENT: We are striving to be a family oriented, recreational, and educational farm making full use of natural resources with an integrated ecosystem that is practical and environment friendly. Our goal is constant improvement while striving to preserve a genetic variety of species.
Open Daily: We're open seven days a week except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. June through August 9 am to 7 pm. September through November and March through May 9 am to 5 pm. December through February 10 am to 4 pm.
LOCATED: 20 miles from Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve. 17 miles North of Alamosa on Highway 17 and 3 miles north of the Los Caminos Antiguos Scenic Byway. 9162 County Road 9 North, Mosca CO 81146; 719-378-2612.
|Visit our Web site|
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.