Royal Gorge Bridge & Park - Still Standing Tall
|Visit our Web site www.royalgorgebridge.com|
Still standing tall, the Royal Gorge Bridge sits 956 feet above the Arkansas River and is home to spectacular views and thrill-seeking attractions providing family fun. Built in 1929, the park has entertained over 26 million guests and ranks as one of the premier attractions in Colorado. Generation upon generation have returned with their families to create special memories at this natural Colorado attraction.
Built in less than 7 months with a $350,000 price tag and a small army of 80 men, The Royal Gorge Bridge opened December 8, 1929. It was the world's highest suspension bridge, and held that title for over 7 decades.
THE ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE IS AN ALL-NEW EXPERIENCE! The park has a new Visitor Center, the world's longest single-span aerial gondolas, an over-the-gorge zipline, and a children's play area. Oh and it still has the original suspension bridge, marvel at awe-inspiring panoramic views from one of the world's highest suspension bridges!
OPEN DAILY: The bridge, rides, and Visitor Center opens daily at 10am and depending on the season will close as early as 4pm and stay open as late as 7pm. The park can be accessed between 7am to dusk daily.
PARK AFTER DARK! CONCERT SERIES: Elk Park Amphitheater, 6-10 pm, five concerts over the 2016 summer. More concerts planned for 2017 - scheduled to be announced.
SUMMER PRICES: Adult $25; Senior $22; Child ( ages 4-11) $18; Military Adult $22; Military Senior $19; Military Child (ages 4-11) $17; Child 3 & under Free.
WINTER PRICES: Adult $22; Senior $19; Child (ages 4-11) $17; Military Adult $17; Military Senior $14; Military Child (ages 4-11) $12; Child 3 & under Free.
LOCATION: The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park is an hour drive South of Colorado Springs and to the West of Canon City. From Highway 50 take the Royal Gorge Bridge exit, south on County Road 3A, continue to the entrance gate.
For Current Events and Directions: 719-275-7507.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 6800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Lunch & Dinner.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 170
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Amusement Rides: On site.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: On site.