Royal Gorge Route Railroad
|Visit our Web site|
EXPERIENCE THE ROYAL GORGE BY RAIL
Climb aboard Colorado's most scenic train for a journey through the spectacular Royal Gorge. Since 1879, these tracks have followed the winding, tumbling Arkansas River deep within the soaring, 1,000-foot granite cliffs of Colorado's grandest canyon -- THE ROYAL GORGE.
The Royal Gorge Route Railroad offers daily departures with several classes of services to choose from, including coach, club, glass-topped vista domes, premier lunch and dinner, murder mystery or cab rides. No matter where you sit, you'll have access our open-air cars.
CAB RIDES: Guests will ride in the locomotive cab to Parkdale, enjoying a truly unique view of the Gorge, while the engineer shares fascinating facts and history about the Royal Gorge Route. On the return leg, guests move to reserved seating in the Vista Dome. Space is limited; only two (2) riders in the cab at any one time.
MURDER MYSTERY: Departures every Saturday from May 28th through October 29th at 6:30pm. Enjoy an evening of delicious food, breathtaking scenery, outstanding service and a classic "who-dunnit" murder mystery.
DINNER TRAIN: Departs at 6:30pm on Saturday evenings for a 2.5 hour round-trip ride beginning May 28th and running through October 31st! This casual-yet-classy evening bistro is the Royal Gorge Route's exclusive dinner class train. Here, glass-topped dome cars offer the most expansive views of Colorado's most dramatic canyon from a decidedly cozy booth style spot. The Dinner Class menu features several prix fixe, three-course options, made with fresh Colorado ingredients, and prepared by the train's talented chef, Jeremy Garnett. All seats include access to an open-air car for 360-degree views of the Royal Gorge and easy access to one of our fully stocked bars.
VISTA DOME: These enclosed, glass-domed cars offer the most spectacular views of the Arkansas River, the Royal Gorge, and the historic Hanging Bridge. Look up or look out -- you'll have a front row seat to it all. Knowledgeable and friendly folks will take your breakfast or lunch order from the train's new bistro-style menu.
CLUB CLASS: Welcome to the Club Class where you'll experience comfortable table seating, full-service dining and front row views of this dazzling canyon! Enjoy our fresh approach to rail-car dining by ordering from the chef's new bistro-style breakfast and lunch menus. Think fresh, Colorado ingredients, all made to order in the chef's kitchen aboard the train. HINT: Try the Royal Gorge Route Rouge, the Train's new micro-brew.
COACH CLASS: Relax into comfortably cushioned high-back seats with expansive windows that showcase the pristine views throughout one of Colorado's grandest canyons. Take in the full Royal Gorge Route experience by ordering our Colorado Sunshine Breakfast or a Basil Chicken Panini for lunch. All dishes are prepared on board and many are made with fresh ingredients grown or raised right here in Colorado.
CELEBRATE A SPECIAL EVENT BY RAIL THROUGH THE ROYAL GORGE
ANNUAL EVENTS: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Whitewater Festival Chase Train, Oktoberfest, Santa Express Train, Holiday Train, and New Years Eve Dinner.
- February 14, 2016 Valentine's Day Train 2 hours ride on the Cañon City & Royal Gorge Route Railroad and includes a romantic lunch.
- May 7, 2016 Annual Mother's Day Brunch. The train departs at 12:30pm for a delicious brunch, includes a three-course meal and a special treat for every mom!
- May 8, 2016 for our annual Mother's Day Brunch. The train departs at 12:30pm for a delicious brunch, includes a three-course meal and a special treat for every mom!
- June 24, 2016 Cañon City Whitewater Festival Down River Raft Race Chase Train. The train departs at 5:45pm for an hour and a half. Enjoy the open-air car with a cold Colorado micro-brew in your hand as we watch daredevils & wanna-be X-gamers splash and race down the Arkansas River's class V rapids.
- September 10 through October 16, 2016 Oktoberfest Lunch. The train departs at 12:30pm, included with your ticket is a logo pint glass (beverage not included). We'll also have a special Oktoberfest Bier on tap for the occasion.
- November and December 2016 Santa Express takes kids of all ages to the North Pole to meet Santa, drink hot chocolate, read holiday stories, and enjoy delicious food and drink all on the train. Approximately 30 minutes into your ride we will arrive at Santa Town where Santa boards the train. Kris Kringle himself will pass out a special holiday bell to each ticketed child as he makes his way through the train. We urge you to make your reservation early for Santa Express because most dates sell out weeks or months in advance.
- December 26-30, 2016 Holiday Train departs at 12:30pm, Add our "Wine Flights" of specially selected red or white wines made by the experts while you ride, dine and unwind aboard the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. The wine flight consists of four 3-ounce pours for $30.
- December 31, 2016 New Year's Eve Dinner. The train departs at 6:30pm and includes our 3-course, award winning dinner in the Observation Dome class for $109. Seating is limited, so make your reservation early. What better way to enjoy New Year's Eve than on Colorado's top dinner train, The Royal Gorge Route!
- January 1, 2017 Holiday Train departs at 12:30pm, Add our "Wine Flights" of specially selected red or white wines made by the experts while you ride, dine and unwind aboard the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. The wine flight consists of four 3-ounce pours for $30.
GENERAL INFORMATION for the Royal Gorge Route Railroad
HOURS OF OPERATION: Up to four daily departures through the Royal Gorge at: 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm (Dinner Train) thru November 13, 2016.
GROUP AMENITIES: Advance Reservations Required, Bus and Motorhome Parking on-site, Group Rates Available for 20+ people.
Rate Information: Depending on the train ride and class you pick tickets range from $30 to $150.
SANTA FE DEPOT LOCATION: One block south of Highway 50 at Third Street, Cañon City, CO 81212.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 1-888-724-5748; 719-276-4000.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Elevation: 5332 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.