Sand Dunes Pool & RV Park
Sand Dunes Pool & RV Park has it all! Natural Hot Artesian Water pool, RV and Tent sites, clean comfortable vacation cabins.
RV and Camping sites with water and electric hookups! All sites have picnic tables and firepits.
CABINS: The Leaky Springs and Artesian Spring Cabins each sleep 2 people, while the Chico Chalet is perfect for a family with young children.
New Dump Station on-site!
Stay here & RECEIVE 1/2 OFF YOUR POOL ADMISSION per person.
Natural Hot Artesian Water. Loads of Family fun with a beautiful view of the Great Sand Dunes National Park and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. The water enters the pool at 118 degrees, but is maintained between 98-102 degrees depending on the season. An enclosure at one end of the pool assures comfort from the weather and covers the baby pool. A Therapy pool for 25 people is maintained at 105-107 degrees.
We have a full line of concessions featuring, burgers, sandwiches and wraps, burritos, pizza and fresh tomato/cucumber salad (grown on site) plus slushies, ice cream treats and soft serve frozen yogurt.
Location: 1991 CR 63, Hooper CO 81136; 719-378-2807.
|Visit our Web site sanddunespool.com|
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $70 to $200
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities: 3
- RV/Mobile Homes for Rent: 1 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $130.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 10
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 20
- Electric & Water Hookups: 10 sites with electric and water only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 10 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 10
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 10
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 7600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Outdoor swimming pool. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 25 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 70
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 10
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: On site.
- Family Hot Mineral Springs Pool: On-site.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 25 minutes drive.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 68, 79, 82,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.