Sand Dunes Pool & RV Park
Natural Hot Artesian Water. Loads of Family fun with a beautiful view of the Great Sand Dunes National Park and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. The water enters the pool at 118 degrees, but is maintained between 98-102 degrees depending on the season. An enclosure at one end of the pool assures comfort from the weather and covers the baby pool. A Therapy pool for 25 people is maintained at 105-107 degrees.
Stay here & RECEIVE 1/2 OFF YOUR POOL ADMISSION per person.
RV & Camping spots with water and electric hookups! All sites have picnic tables and firepits. New Dump Station!
NEW cabins in 2012! The Leaky Springs & Artesian Spring Cabins each sleep 2 people, while the Chico Chalet is perfect for a family with 2 young children.
We have a full line of concessions featuring, burgers, sandwiches and wraps, burritos, pizza and fresh tomato/cucumber salad (grown on site) plus slushies, ice cream treats and soft serve frozen yogurt.
1991 CR 63, Hooper CO 81136; 719-378-2807.
|Visit our Web site sanddunespool.com|
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $70 to $80
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities: 3
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $130.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 10
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 20
- Electric & Water Hookups: 10 sites with electric and water only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 10 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 10
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 10
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 7600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Outdoor swimming pool.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 25 minutes drive.
- Wi-Fi Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 70
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 10
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: On site.
- Family Hot Mineral Springs Pool: On-site.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 25 minutes drive.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 68, 79, 82,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.