Burnin' Daylight Ranch Resort AKA Lakefork Resort
|Visit our Web site|
Vacation surrounded by Gunnison National Forest, Curecanti National Recreation Area, and Blue Mesa Reservoir, and close to the Lake Fork Marina -- a full service marina with boat launch. Stay in Log Cabins or an RV Site overlooking Blue Mesa Lake between Gunnison and Montrose, Colorado. Enjoy some of the best fishing in Colorado at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
Modern WI-FI Cabins sleep 2-6 people. Kitchens have oven/range, small refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, pots, pans, and table settings for meals. The Dining/Living Area features a 20 inch TV with VCR and DVD player and movies.
10 RV sites are full hookup pull-thrus with charcoal grills & picnic tables available. 10 simple primitive tent sites. We offer ice, a shower house, and a pop machine for your comfort.
ON-SITE AMENITIES: Game room, laundry facility, playground, and horseshoe pit.
Guided Fishing available. Pet friendly (additional fee). Daily, weekly, monthly rates.
LOCATION: Between Gunnison and Montrose off Highway 50, overlooking Lake Fork Marina; 940 Cove Road, Gunnison Colorado 81230.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-4044.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $100 to $150
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 6
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $10 to $21 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $40 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 12
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 22
- Full Hookups: 12 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 2 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 12 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 12
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 12
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Phone: In common area.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 35
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 22
- National Park OR Monument: Walking distance.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: Walking Distance.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Paddle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 54, 55, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67,