Silver Plume General Store, Grill & ATV Rentals
|Visit our Web site|
PITKIN, COLORADO -- WHERE THE TRAILS START and ADVENTURE BEGINS
30 miles northeast of Gunnison, nestled along Quartz Creek and surrounded by National Forest Pitkin Colorado is known for excellent ATV and hiking trails. The Silver Plume General Store is the place to stop before and after your outdoor adventure!
We provide ATV Rentals, general supplies, fuel, groceries and Silver Plume Grill. We always provide friendly and helpful information about the area's trails.
EXPLORE: The Alpine Tunnel, Ghost Towns, Gold Mines, and Mountain Vistas on an ATV
THE ALPINE TUNNEL: The Alpine Tunnel (the first tunnel to cross the Continental Divide in 1882) for the narrow gauge railroad is east of Pitkin, Colorado and served as a passage through the CONTINENTAL DIVIDE during the late 1800s. The tunnel has since been sealed off and the railroad bed is explored by hikers and ATVers alike.
GHOST TOWNS: There are many ghost towns to find: Tin Cup, St. Elmo, Woodstock, Hancock, and Campbell Town.
GOLD MINES: Crossing over Cumberland Pass at 10,000 feet you'll have access to discover several mines and beautiful views.
MOUNTAIN VISTAS: Every trail in Gunnison National Forest offers amazing mountain vistas including Fairview Peak at 13,214 feet and Squaretop Mountain at 12,985 Feet.
RENTALS: ATVs and UTVs
The Silver Plume General Store offers side-by-side rentals! Side-by-sides are the easiest to explore Colorado's backcountry. Spend a half-day, whole-day, and multi-day on one of our rentals.
SIDE-BY-SIDES UTVs and ATV RENTALS: The sporty Polaris RZR and the comfortable Polaris Ranger are the easy way to see the beautiful scenery and attractions in the Gunnison National Forest in the summer. With great suspension, ample cargo room, excellent four wheel drive systems, roofs, half-windshields, and plenty of power, these machines enable you to get out in the woods.
We ask that you ride responsibly and return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel (fill up here at the store). Pick up for RZRs is 8am-5pm; while snowmobiles are 9am-4pm.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-3866
SILVER PLUME GRILL and GENERAL STORE -- Open Seasonally
SILVER PLUME GRILL: Open from Memorial Day to End of September for lunch and dinner from 10:30am to 7pm. Grab a bite to eat at the Silver Plume Grill. Try our BBQ chopped brisket Sandwich, or kick back with a hamburger, 1/4 pound hot dog, corndog or grilled cheese -- a kid favorite.
GENERAL STORE: The store has been a mainstay in Pitkin for more than 50 years, providing groceries, fuel, and supplies. Open from Memorial Day to End of November. Gas is available year round, please call to verify.
LOCATION: In Pitkin, Colorado, 2 minutes from trailheads in Gunnison National Forest, at 204 9th Street, Pitkin CO 81241.
Feel free to contact us about supplies, rentals, general information, or anything else at the store: 970-641-3866.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 9242 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Lunch & Dinner.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.