Taylor Park Trading Post
Taylor Park is nestled near the top of the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of 9,400 feet. The Taylor Park Trading Post is located 1/2 mile from the east shore of Taylor Reservoir and abounds with magnificent views of the Sawatch Range. The area around the resort is ideal for camping, hiking, motorcycling and ATVing, fishing, hunting, and photography.
RV FULL HOOKUP SITES: 67 sites open late May-September. We also have Cabins, Store, Café, gift shop, LP gas, gas, diesel, and firewood.
CABINS: 33 all with kitchens, bathrooms, Call for rates.
ATV RENTALS: Available.
LOCATION of Taylor Park Trading Post:
FROM GUNNISON: Highway 135 North 10 miles to Almont, right on County Road 742, then 24 miles to Taylor Park Trading Post.
FROM BUENA VISTA: Take Cottonwood Pass to Taylor Reservoir then left on County Road 742, 2 miles on left.
CALL for reservations CABINS: 970-641-2555; RV PARK: 970-641-8911.
|Visit our Web site www.taylorparktradingpost.com|
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/31
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 32
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Units with King Beds: None.
- Units with Queen Beds: None.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 12
- Camping Open Dates: 5/20 to 9/15
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 6. Kids: $5.
- RV Sites: 67
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 77
- Full Hookups: 67 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 43 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 67 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 35
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 67
- Elevation: 9400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 55,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.