Alpine Village - Historic Log Cabin Rentals
|Visit our Website|
ALPINE VILLAGE - HISTORIC LOG CABIN RENTALS is a family-owned business featuring rustic cabins with modern amenities in Lake City, Colorado. Adventure awaits in the surrounding National Forests at the top of the San Juan Mountains! Western Life is at your door step. Experience this 1870s hub from the silver and gold mining boom, to Lake City's successful transition to a tourist destination that generations have loved for decades. Families and couples will have an outdoor vacation full of adventure!
For over 75 years the cabins at Alpine Village have welcomed guests to its' remote location along the Silver Thread All-American Road and Colorado Scenic Byway. The Village, originally built by Denver businessmen in 1947 as an auto tourist camp, has become a historic icon. The new owners have begun renovating and restoring the property ushering it into a new era by modernizing each cabin with furnishings that are inspired by an “elegant Rockies design with a cozy log cabin feel.”
ALPINE STANDARD CABINS have a queen bed and sofa sleeper with updated kitchens and bathrooms. They sleep 4 people.
ALPINE DELUXE CABIN is a 2 bedroom cabin with a queen bed in one room, 2 full beds in the second room, and a cozy living room with a kitchen and bathroom. Sleeps 6 people.
ALL CABINS have new 50 inch HDTVs with WiFi allowing you to watch your favorite shows while vacationing. We do not allow pets or smoking in our newly remodeled cabins.
COLORADO SCENIC BYWAYS: Be sure to spend at least a day on one of our local drives along the Alpine Loop Backcountry Byway (4-wheel drive needed: Jeep, 4X4, UTV or ATV), or hop in your family car and cruise the Silver Thread Scenic Byway (paved Colorado Highway 149) to Slumgullion Pass, Creede, and Blue Mesa Reservoir.
LOCATION: Alpine Village is in southwest Colorado between South Fork and Gunnison, Colorado; one block west of Highway 149 on a quiet street and a short walk to the town park, shopping and restaurants. Gunnison is 55 miles north and South Fork is 42 miles south.
DRIVE TIMES: From Grand Junction it's a 3-hour drive northeast. From Durango it's a 3-1/2 hour drive southeast. From Colorado Springs it's a 4-1/2 hour drive almost due west. From Denver it's a 5-hour drive southwest. From Fort Collins it's a 5-1/2 hour drive southwest. From Fort Worth Texas it's a 13-hour drive northwest.
ADDRESS: 631 Silver Street, Lake City CO 81235
PHONE: 970-944-2266 - For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 6/1 to 10/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $150 to $185
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 11
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8762 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 46
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 46
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Ghost Town: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Movie Theater: Walking distance.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: Walking distance. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 5 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Mine Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.