Arkansas River Rim Campground & RV Park
|Email Arkansas River Rim Campground & RV Park Directly|
ARKANSAS RIVER RIM CAMPGROUND and RV PARK is the only campground in Buena Vista with Arkansas River access! Walk to river to fish or pan for gold.
Big Rig Friendly . . . Pets Welcome . . . Shaded Sites . . . Internet Friendly . . .
The Arkansas Valley is the 'Banana Belt of the Rockies' -- the weather is always spectacular. The dog days of summer boast temperatures in the 70s and 80s with calm cool nights in the 50s.
Family owned and family operated, you'll find old-fashion hospitality.
Open all year. Overlooking Arkansas River with Incredible Views of the Collegiate Peak Range. For all of Colorado, we we're rated by Frommers as the #4 beast tent campground in 2005. Whitewater rafting nearby.
CAMPER CABIN: Save $ on local motels.
BIG RIG FRIENDLY: 65 feet long sites, large level full hookup 20/30/50 amp, many are pull-thrus. Good TV - 7 stations. Separate tenting area in the trees.
FREE WiFi, hot showers, store, and gifts. Neighborhood Socials -- potlucks, pancake breakfasts, ice cream socials and BBQs.
A maximum of two small pets per camping unit. Handicap OK. Daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal rates.
LOCATION: From Buena Vista, go 4-1/2 miles north of town on US 24 or 30 miles south of Leadville.
We are in South Central Colorado 2 hours west of Colorado Springs; 2-1/2 hours southwest of Durango; 4 hours from Durango and Fort Collins; and 3-1/3 from Grand Junction Colorado.
ADDRESS: 33198 North Highway 24, Buena Vista CO 81211
WELCOME: Jeff and Margo Huff, resident owners! We have been here 17+ years.
PHONE: 719-395-8883 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: April to October
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 1
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Broadcast.
- Number of Channels: 7
- Internet Access in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers.
- Camping Open Dates: April to October
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 38
- Tent Sites: 11
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 49
- Full Hookups: 38 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 1 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 8 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 30 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 20
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 30
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 20
- Elevation: 8300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 5 minutes drive.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 70
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 70
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 15
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 50
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 8 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 8 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 5 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 35 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 25 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 2 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 48, 49, 481,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: 30 minutes drive.