Aunt Sara's River Dance RV Resort and Campground
|Email Aunt Sara's River Dance RV Resort and Campground Directly|
|Aunt Sara's River Dance RV Resort and Campground Location Map|
Welcome to Gypsum Colorado; AUNT SARA'S RIVER DANCE RV RESORT we are updating our 26 water and electric sites to be full hookups by July 4, 2021!!!
Our RV Resort and Campground is along the Eagle River with rolling hills, farmland and surrounded by mountains in all distances -- truly tucked into the Vail Valley. Aunt Sara's River Dance RV Resort Campground offers natural landscaping, spacious 40x60 foot RV sites, 50amp hookups with paved parking.
BIG RIGS are easily accommodated!
PETS: "Furry kids" are always welcome, however they must be leashed at all times. Picking up after your "furry kids" is mandatory and strictly enforced. The dog run is available upon request, however we ask you to pick up after your dog when you are done using it.
TYPICAL VACATION DAY: Enjoy tubing, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, and trophy trout fishing along the 1-1/2 miles of private Eagle River frontage. Bring your clubs: two 18 hole golf courses are nearby. At night try to count the stars while meeting new friends at our riverside campfire center.
THE PERFECT HIKE: Hanging Lake National Natural Landmark is a 1 mile round trip hike up the side of Glenwood Canyon to reveal one of Colorado's cherished water features. The natural path has been cleared of walking with steeper parts offering wood steps, and many benches along the way to rest. Be sure to bring water and pace your upward journey -- it is worth the hike! To maintain the beauty of this Colorado natural gem reservations are made through the Glenwood Springs Chamber of Commerce. Open seasonally from April through October.
SKIERS and BOARDERS: We are open all year! Stay here and ski Beaver Creek and Vail! Due to our westward location we are lucky to enjoy more snow-free days in Fall and Spring than our neighbors Vail and Beaver Creek. Additionally, we enjoy comparatively mild winters, that is why camping here and skiing there is a good choice.
LOCATION: In Northwestern Colorado 20 miles east of Hanging Lake National Natural Landmark and 40 miles west of Vail Resort. Two and a half hours west of Denver and 2 hours east of Grand Junction just off I-70 along the Eagle River.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Off I-70 use exit 133 or 143 onto Highway 6; River Dance is halfway between the 2 exits.
ADDRESS: 6700 US Highway 6, Gypsum CO 81637
PHONE: 720-933-9212 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $45 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $282.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 34
- Total Sites: 34
- Electric & Water Hookups: 26 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 8 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 12 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 26 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 26
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 34
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Vail Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Gypsum - Northwest, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Cave Tours: 25 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 25, 35, 44, 34
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 40 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 25 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 10 minutes drive.