Black Bear RV Park and Motel on Paradise Hill
|Visit our Website|
Black Bear RV Park is at the base of the Sangre De Cristo Mountain range. We offer a fun, safe relaxing environment with cool nites and warm sunny days.
RV SITES: Full hookups, long, level pull-thrus.
TENT CAMPING AREA: Pitch your tent down by the creek or nestled in the trees.
MOTEL ROOMS: Smart TV with Netflix, mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, no-smoking anything, dog friendly.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: Rafting and fishing the Arkansas River, hiking, biking, jeeping, ATVing, and the Royal Gorge Bridge Park.
LOCATION: Howard is 10 miles east of Salida in the Big Horn Sheep Canyon along Highway 50.
ADDRESS: 7528 Highway 50, Howard CO 81233
PHONE: 719-207-5194 -- Call or Text For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $80 to $120
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units. Smoking units available.
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 6
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
Technology In Units
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $10 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $50 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Kids free under the age of 5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $220.00 to $270.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $600.00 to $800.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 19
- Tent Sites: 50
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 69
- Full Hookups: 17 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 13 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 7 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 13
- Winterized Sites: 19
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 25
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 50
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 40 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 86, 691,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 40 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.